April 26th, 2012 by Josh Linden
AC&NC JetStor 724HSD Hybrid RAID Consolidates SAN Infrastructure
The AC&NC JetStor 724HSD Hybrid RAID system allows applications requiring high bandwidth to share storage with less demanding or more distant applications through 10Gb and 1Gb iSCSI connections. The JetStor management software provides a single, unified view, enabling dynamic provisioning to each application appropriate to its connectivity requirements.
JetStor 724HSD systems support up to 72TB in 4U with 24 dual-ported SAS/SATA/SSD bays, and dual-path 6Gb/s SAS expansion ports enable plug-and-play storage growth to 216TB in 12U with 24bay JBOD units. The 724HSD intelligently controls energy consumption for large storage pools with OOB staggered drive spin-up, auto disk spin-down, fan and thermal management, and 80 PLUS energy-efficient power supplies.
- Intel Xeon 64-bit processors
- Parity-assist ASICs, iSCSI-assist and TCP offload engines
- Up to 8 GB cache
- Maximum bandwidth of two 10Gb/s and two 1Gb/s iSCSI ports per redundant controller.
- Cableless and redundant/fail-over design with dual redundant RAID controllers
- RAID 6 & 60 with advanced data protection, multi-path support and modular components for a short mean-time-to-repair (MTTR)
Support and Interoperability
JetStor administrators can implement volume-level data protection with JetStor SANs through writeable snapshots, Windows VSS support, and JetStor Replica remote replication and volume cloning. Both the JetStor 724HS and JetStor HSD have been certified by VMware and are listed on VMware Hardware Compatibility List.
Pricing and Availability
JetStor units are shipping now. Pricing starts at $15,190.00 diskless or $24,890.00 with 24 2TB hard drives.