May 31st, 2017 by Lyle Smith
Acronis Backup 12.5 With Standard and Advanced Versions Announced
Acronis has announced the latest release of Acronis Backup with version 12.5, which comes in comes in two editions: Standard and Advanced. With Acronis Backup 12.5 Standard, businesses can start small and have the ability to upgrade to the Advanced edition when their infrastructure grows large enough by simply switching out license keys. Earlier this year, Acronis added Office 365 support to its backup solution.
Version 12.5 also brings new advanced functionality on more than 20 platforms. These include Windows, Office 365, Azure, Linux, Mac OS X, Oracle, VMWare, Hyper-V, Red Hat Virtualization, Linux KVM, Citrix XenServer, iOS, and Android:
- Unified web interface for the entire infrastructure
- Admin roles and delegations for distributed infrastructures
- Support for six hypervisors to provide migration platform options
- Bare-metal recovery automation and remote boot media control to reduce RTO of remote site recovery
- SAN storage snapshots to reduce hypervisor resource utilization
- Oracle backup and granular recovery
- Advanced tape support for increased granularity and simplified management
- Advanced reporting for detailed insights and corporate compliance
- Disaster recovery capability for emergency data recovery locally and in the cloud
- Backup validation process ensures recoverability
- Acronis Notary to ensure the authenticity of data
- Customizable dashboards for quick insights into the backup infrastructure
- Acronis Active Protection to stop ransomware attacks
- Acronis Instant Restore for 15-second RTOs
- Acronis vmFlashback for quick incremental recovery of virtual machines
In addition, Acronis has added private and public cloud support, allowing for the backing up and migration of workloads, as well as protection against ransomware via automated restoration of damaged data. Acronis Backup 12.5 also now allows users to verify the backup integrity before they restore their data.
- Backup of Amazon EC2 instances, Microsoft Azure VMs and Office 365 mailboxes
- Acronis Active Protection to intelligently detect and block ransomware attacks, such as WannaCry, with instant restoration of any compromised data
- Acronis Notary to prove a file is authentic and unchanged since it was backed up
Acronis Backup 12.5 is now available for download.