June 27th, 2016 by Adam Armstrong
Actifio Updates Its Resiliency Director
Today Actifio announced a major update to its Resiliency Director platform. Actifio states that is Resiliency Director works with its Actifio CDS and Actifio Sky to deliver complete resiliency in the cloud while being able to restore functionality quicker and at a lower cost. The update automates tasks during and after disaster recovery that, according to Actifio, will streamline and simplify the process.
With general availability first announced in August of 2014, the Actifio Resiliency Director coordinates the recovery of compute, network, and data at an enterprise disaster recovery site, or a cloud service provider, and validates the results in order to provide a complete solution for non-disruptive, automated recovery and test. Actifio also claims that it provides a complete resiliency in the cloud and enables enterprises to restore critical business functionality faster and cheaper than previously possible. Resiliency Director is designed to cut down the level of operational complexity that surrounds disaster recovery and disaster recovery testing.
- Security Made Simple: Users are no longer limited to one “admin” to manage everything. Resiliency Director now allows multiple admin roles to be created and defined, meaning different users can do specific operations based on their role. This is especially useful for large enterprises and service providers who typically have multiple users and roles.
- Operational Simplicity: Resiliency Director now allows a single recovery plan to be applied to multiple resource pools and port groups, significantly reducing the number of recovery plans that need to be created.
- More Automation: Multi NIC IP customization allows a VM with multiple NICs to be customized with new IPs for each NIC during the creation of a DR plan. This eradicates the manual process of assigning IPs to each additional NIC.
- More OS Platform Support: The new version adds support for a wider range of Linux and Windows OS versions, in addition to supporting VMs with localized OS versions.
- Automatic Upgrades: Resiliency Director users now have access to self-service upgrades to any future versions, reducing upgrade costs and simplifying the process.