March 16th, 2015 by Adam Armstrong
AMI StorTrends Releases 3600i Family Of All-Flash Arrays
Today StorTrends, from America Megatrends, announced the general availability of its new all-flash family of SAN arrays, the 3600i and the 3610i. The new array family is designed to address the needs of performance-intensive applications for virtualized environments, VDI, and mixed workloads at a price point around $.50 per Gigabyte.
The 3600i family is the next step up from the hybrid 3500i, following the trend of hybrid arrays moving to all-flash. The 3500i uses a feature called Automatically Tuned Volumes (ATV) that gave administrators a high degree of control over performance by allowing them to prioritize performance through the selection of the storage it sat on, caching or tiering. Where as the 3600i uses two specific types of SSD: one for read performance and one optimized for write performance. These two tiers of two different types of SSDs ensure that all I/O receives the highest flash performance possible. With the changing and growing workloads going to the heavy endurance write tier, the SSD lifespan is greatly increased across the array.
StorTrends offers a free iDATA tool that analyses several aspects of user’s storage needs including: capacity usage, IOPS, network utilization, helps identify hot and cold data, system performance, and application loads. Not only does this free tool help IT identify issues and develop short and long-term strategies, it increases the performance of the read and write tiers mentioned above and aids the inline deduplication offered by StorTrends, by keeping hot data “upstream” in the data compression process.
Other features of the 3600i family include:
- SnapTrends – a snapshot feature that has application-ware snapshots with VSS, ROW snapshots to save space, a visual snapshot UI and Recovery Wizard for live snapshot review, and the ability to maintain multiple schedule levels, maximizing snapshot space and RPO.
- Disaster Recovery – that is simple to manage, StorTrends hardware agnostic, reduces TCO, and has higher DR-site RPO.
- ManageTrends – StorTrends’ easy to setup GUI that is simple to learn and use.
- StorAID Support – a support package offered in 1 to 5 year terms with 24 x 7 technical support, next business day onsite replacement, proactive drive replacement, and remote email alert monitoring.
StorTrends 3600i specifications:
- Form Factor: 3U
- 2 Intel Quad Core processors (1 per controller)
- 64GB of memory
- Read tier: either 2 or 4 SSDs with capacities of 120GB, 240GB, 480GB & 960GB
- Write tier: either 14 or 12 SSDs with capacities of 200GB, 400GB, 800GB & 2TB
- Max capacity: 64TB
- Network: 4 x 1GbE
StorTrends 3610i specifications:
- Form Factor: 3U
- 4 Intel Quad Core processors (2 per controller)
- 192GB of memory
- Read tier: either 4 or 6 SSDs with capacities of 120GB, 240GB, 480GB & 960GB
- Write tier: either 12 or 10 SSDs with capacities of 200GB, 400GB, 800GB & 2TB
- Max capacity: 256TB
- Network: 4 x 10GbE
Availability and pricing
StorTrends 3600i and 3610i are available now starting at $24,999.