June 17th, 2014 by Adam Armstrong
Asigra Outlines Its Software-Defined Data Protection Strategy
Today, Asigra Inc. introduced its new Asigra Software-Defined Data Protection (SDDP). The SDDP will provide highly scalable cloud backup storage by leveraging commoditized infrastructure and vendor agnostic technologies. This first-to-market technology will counter expensive monolithic systems and should speed deployment of cloud-ready storage for service providers. The technology is designed to lower operational costs (with claims up to 40-50% lower), simplify management, and speed time to market for new and existing providers.
SDDP is software driven architecture that shifts control of the backup environment from hardware to software. Not only does this remove physical cost limitations, it helps service providers with more flexibility, management control, customer service, and efficiency. Asigra SDDP aligns with Asigra Cloud Backup, allowing for secure, efficient, and automated data protection.
Key benefits include:
- Reductions in backup vault integration time from 3 to 4 days to 1 hour
- Faster time to market with auto-configuration and deployment
- Support for large data sets and file various sizes
- Single pane of glass management for ease of administration
- Redundant architecture for high availability
- Built-in multi-tenancy for telco-level scalability per account/multi-accounts
- Phone/Web/On-premise service/support per agreement
- 100% Asigra accountability and support for backup software stack
- Push-button installation for skilled human capital savings
Availability and Pricing
Asigra SDDP will be available as a free download to Asigra partners.