January 9th, 2014 by Lyle Smith
Barracuda Networks Announces Backup-as-a-Service
Barracuda Networks has announced its new Backup-as-a-Service (BaaS) offering, which allows Barracuda Backup 190 and 390 to be purchased as an annual service, including an appliance, Energize Updates, Instant Replacement, and Unlimited Cloud storage. This new service gives customers an another method of purchasing Barracuda Backup with a smaller up-front cost, all the while still providing the product’s functionality.
This new service will be available through Barracuda’s resellers that provide managed backup services to their customers, allowing them to provide an annual billing plan to customers to better align BaaS with their managed services.
Barracuda Backup-as-a-Service Subscription features include:
- Local appliance for fast backup windows and recovery times
- Site license for Barracuda software required to backup and recover data
- Unlimited Cloud storage at a flat-rate pricing for Barracuda Backup cloud storage (up to the limit of the Barracuda appliance)
- 24x7x365 phone and email support
- Next business day shipment of replacement in the event of a hardware failure
- New appliance (same model) replacements for units that are four years old and continually under a service contract
- Access to Cloud LiveBoot for offsite recovery of VMware virtualized servers
With the addition of BaaS to Barracuda Backup 190 and 390 provides, additional flexibility will be provided to customers who are looking for an integrated backup solution at an affordable rate.
Pricing and availability
Barracuda Backup 190 and 390 service packages are now available in the U.S. Barracuda Backup starting at $1199 USD for an annual 190 service and $2999 USD for an annual 390 service. Both packages include the appliance, Energize Updates, Instant Replacement and Unlimited Cloud storage.