February 19th, 2014 by Lyle Smith
Barracuda Upgrades Copy With Security and Collaboration Features
Barracuda Networks has announced a number of new features, updates, and integrations to its file sync and share platform, Copy, their solution to simplifying the way organizations collaborate and work, from anywhere or any device. Copy, which was designed for both consumers and businesses in order to provide a more robust and feature-rich option, brings powerful capabilities and control to users and administrators to safely access, sign ,and share critical business data.
Some of Barracuda Copy's features--along with their upgrades--include:
Enterprise-Class Security, which integrates enterprise requirements, such as user and group management, by adding controls for securing proprietary company data. This provides:
- Added Security: Administrators can use policy-based control, giving users the ability allow or revoke users’ access and share files or to join shares outside of the company.
- Federated Storage Areas: Users can access their personal and company data from a single Copy account, which streamlines the user experience all the while maintaining appropriate ownership records for different types of data.
Simplified Management & Access, which streamlines workflow by giving administrators a simplified setup and management and offers users flexible options for accessing and sharing data, including:
- Streamlined UI and Admin Page: The user-friendly design helps administrators and users to easily navigate within Copy.
- Updated Mobile Apps: The new client apps for iOS, Android, and Windows mobile devices make accessing data on the go much easier.
- Centralized Administration: The simple company account setup wizard includes the creation of initial file structure and groups for permissions.
Collaboration & Workflow Automation, which gives users the ability to easily sign, save and share documents securely inside and outside of the corporate network. The latest release of Copy includes several integrations with cloud applications, expanding the Copy footprint as well as helping to improve collaboration and workflow automation for businesses, including:
- Workflow Automation: Copy is now integrated with SignNow, a mobile eSignature platform, which allows users to electronically sign and share documents in a single location.
- Collaboration: Additionally, Copy and SignNow are integrated with Redbooth, a collaboration and communications platform that seamlessly automates workflow processes, such as collecting forms and signatures such as stakeholder information or approvals. Further information on the Copy + SignNow + Redbooth integration can be found here.
- Cloud Services: Copy is now integrated with Kloudless, the Berkeley-based company that provides cloud storage to email inboxes, which allows users to access and store files from within their email inboxes directly into their Copy account as well as accessing files stored in Copy from within their email inbox. Further information on the Copy + Kloudless integration can be found here.
Barracuda previously announced a partnership with the online data migration company, Mover, last year, allowing users to migrate from other cloud storage providers, including Dropbox, Box and SugarSync. Mover’s hosted platform offers fast, simple, and secure solutions for data migration and backups, with no downloads or installations.
Pricing and Availability
Individual Copy accounts provide 15GB of cloud storage free of charge. Paid Copy Pro plans start at $9.99 per month or $99 per year for up to 250GB in storage. In addition, businesses can purchase Copy in 10-user packs for $79.99 per month or $899 per year for unlimited space.