June 3rd, 2013 by Josh Shaman
Broadcom Announces New StrataGX Processors
Broadcom is announcing the release of the new StrataGX BCM5862X Series processors designed for wired and wireless NAS devices and routers. The new processors deliver ten times the performance as well as ARM-based FlexSPARX security and storage features that support hybrid cloud services. This is essential as many new NAS devices are designed to support secure hybrid cloud and remote access of content. The new StrataGX series also delivers Gigabit connectivity speeds on wired and wireless connections and support for 5G Wi-Fi, based on the latest IEEE 802.11ac standard.
StrataGX BCM5862X Features:
- High-bandwidth storage interfaces include SATA and USB 3.0 for local caching of cloud data
- Dual core ARM Cortex-A9 processors operate at 1.2 GHz
- Integrated Gigabit Ethernet switch and PHYs enable support of high-bandwidth applications
- Linux Development Kit reference designs and standard open source software tools reduce engineering development and time-to-market
- Reference software that enables security acceleration for fast and secure access to multimedia, whether accessing content from the home or a remote location
- Pin compatibility with previous generations leverages customers’ existing investments
The Broadcom StrataGX BCM5862X Series is now sampling with volume production slated for Q4 2013.