August 20th, 2014 by Adam Armstrong
CommVault Introduces New Simpana Solution Sets
Today CommVault introduced new Simpana Solution Sets. These solution sets are designed for businesses from small to large to transform data protection, management, and maximize the value of business information. The new Simpana Solution Sets will do this by speeding cloud adoption, delivering next-generation software innovations that modernize data centers, support mobile productivity, and improve self-services access. As more businesses move toward cloud-based storage and computing, the Simpana solutions will help customers lower costs and reduce risks. The new solution sets can be individually deployed or combined giving customers the flexibility in their data management.
The new solution sets include:
- Simpana for VM Backup, Recovery, and Cloud Management – enables virtual machine administrators and end users to build, protect, and optimize both cloud and virtualized infrastructure. The software enables application owners and tenants to manage their own VM provisioning, management, backup, recovery, retirement, and archiving through a single interface, across platforms such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Hyper-V and VMware, and Citrix XenServer.
- IntelliSnap Recovery – makes data assets fully available by unifying and streamlining application-aware hardware snapshot, replication, and recovery. Allow customers to automatically manage hardware-based snapshots. Software integration for arrays and applications such as NetApp, HDS, and Oracle
- Simpana for Endpoint Data Protection – efficiently backs up mobile devices while providing secure access and self-service search capabilities while reducing risks and costs. Includes secure file and folder sharing, data loss prevention, and device upload support secure data protection and collaboration.
- Simpana for Email Archive – increases productivity, reduces compliance risk, improves insights through integrating self-service access, simplified eDiscovery and legal hold, and provides a cost-effective, long-term retention. Storage planning and decision-making for email archiving are improved through built-in analytics. Can be deployed on-premises, in private or hybrid cloud environments. Supports Microsoft Office365, Outlook, Exchange, and Lotus Notes.
Availability and pricing
All new Simpana Solution Sets are available worldwide today. These sets have new licensing options and traditional capacity licensing is also available.
- Simpana for VM Backup, Recovery, and Cloud Management starts at $1,270 per socket or $1,815 for a 10-VM pack.
- IntelliSnap Recovery pricing starts at $1,420 per TB
- Simpana for Endpoint Data Protection pricing starts at $4.50 per user per month
- Simpana for Email Archive pricing starts at $30 per mailbox