May 16th, 2017 by Lyle Smith
Commvault VM Backup and Recovery Trial Software for Customers Launched
Commvault has announced the availability of its VM Backup and Recovery trial software for customers and partners, citing substantial enhancements to user experience, disaster recovery and cloud on-ramp features. Available for free on the company website, Commvault indicates that their newly updated software allows customers to build, protect and optimize VMs throughout their lifecycle and will allow them to migrate data and VMs to the public cloud of their choice.
The new VM Backup and Recovery offers the “full experience” of Commvault’s software to back up and recover virtual machines and structured/unstructured data. Users can also leverage physical machines as the destination. In addition, it provides customers with a both the simplicity and cost of down-market solutions all the while offering comprehensive capabilities and features, and integration with cloud and on-premises solutions.
Commvault’s designed their backup and recovery software with a heavy focus on scalability and an extensive set of automation features and tools, indicating the following key features and benefits:
- Enables customers to future-proof their environment and be able to scale beyond 100 TBs with ease to meet the unique needs of the business as it evolves.
- Supports 20+ storage vendors, 10+ hypervisors and 40+ cloud platforms.
- Easily create and re-use protection plans that align with service level requirements.
- Recover guest files, virtual machine configurations, entire disks or even the whole virtual machine in just a few clicks.
- Manage VM lifecycles, from creation to archive, in the cloud and on-premises using one global policy engine.
- Automate disaster recovery of VMs to alternate sites and to the cloud using pre-built workflows using One Tool.
- Migrate VM workloads to the cloud with the push of a button
The new VM Backup and Recovery trial software is now available for download.