June 15th, 2015 by Adam Armstrong
Connected Data Introduces New Transporter Network Storage Connector
Today Connected Data introduced its new ability to protect on-premise NAS systems with a secure, private cloud, file sync and share appliance, Transporter Network Storage Connector. Transporter Network Storage Connector syncs files on NAS systems with shared folders on Transporter private cloud storage appliances. This new solution will help companies eliminate the need for Virtual Private Network (VPN).
Transporter private cloud storage appliances enable users to sync important files to any device regardless of location. The new Transporter Network Storage Connector extends a company’s NAS to deliver a turnkey, private cloud storage offering that provides the “simplicity of Dropbox” with the security and performance of enterprise NAS. Users will be able to access files regardless of location with the data remaining 100% private and stored onsite, meeting regulatory compliance, privacy, security and control.
The combination of the two Transporter offerings gives workers the ability to share, work, and collaborate everywhere and allows IT to keep the data safe behind the company’s firewall. The result is a flexible solution that acts as a high-performance private cloud with enterprise-class redundancy and seamless failover for reliability.
- Syncs seamlessly with enterprise data stored on NAS systems to extend value of existing storage infrastructure
- Provides mobile access to users without a VPN
- Enables users to access and sync different files located on multiple NAS systems
- Delivers the Dropbox experience and simplicity users demand
- 100% non-disruptive to existing applications and processes
- IT retains control and security over the data
- Compelling 3-year total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Easy to deploy, inexpensive solution that allows IT to scale resources based on business requirements
Transporter Network Storage Connector is available now with no extra cost to current Transporter 75 and 150 private cloud storage appliance owners.