November 16th, 2015 by Adam Armstrong
ContainerX Releases Beta Of Its New Platform
Today at DockerCon Europe 2015, ContainerX launched the beta of its new comprehensive, multi-tenant container platform designed for enterprise IT admins. This new platform provides a single pane of glass for all containers allowing support for Linux and Windows, bare metal and virtual machines, private and public cloud environments.
Container adoption is spreading throughout enterprises as businesses realize the benefits and advantages of using containers. The usage of containers give companies the ability to manage operating systems and give them application level agility. In order to get companies to embrace containers there needs to be a centrally managed container infrastructure platform, with developer self-service using Docker command line. This is where ContainerX steps in with their ready-to-go, enterprise-class solution for multi-tenant container management, orchestration, compute, network and storage management.
ContainerX was founded this year by former engineers from VMware, Microsoft, and Citrix. It uses its patented technology approach, Elastic Container Clusters and Container Pools, to provide multi-tenancy and high levels of resiliency, elasticity and horizontal scalability. The founders also built in features such as simple day-zero install, easy day-N operations, alerts, monitoring, analytics and auditing. ContainerX provides a single pane of glass for all containers allowing support for Linux and Windows, bare metal and virtual machines, private and public cloud.
Key features include:
- All-in-one platform – Bare metal and virtual machine, Linux and Windows, private and public cloud
- Enterprise-grade management – Simple day-zero setup, seamless day-N operations, alerts, monitoring and analytics
- Comprehensive solution – Ready-to-go package including orchestration, compute, networking and storage
- Highly resilient – Protection from rogue containers crashing or starving other containers
- Multi-tenant and isolated – Container Pools with CPU, memory and network limits and access controls
- Horizontally scalable – Scale-out platform with dynamic addition and removal of hosts
- Elastic Container Clusters – Patent-pending container technology that provides a highly resilient and elastic container infrastructure, as well as auto-scaling Container Pools based on CPU, memory limits and priorities
The beta of ContainerX is available now. ContainerX will be exhibited at DockerCon Europe 2015 at booth number 7` today and tomorrow, November 16 and 17.