August 31st, 2015 by Lyle Smith
DataCore Announces New Parallel I/O Software
DataCore Software will be demonstrating its hyper-converged ‘less is more’ architecture at VMworld 2015. As such, DataCore indicates that VMware customers and partners will experience how the company’s adaptive parallel I/O is leveraging today’s multi-core processing systems to eliminate the major bottleneck holding back the IT industry – I/O performance.
DataCore staff of technical consultants will be on hand to discuss their unique techniques used to reach the much greater VM densities required to respond to the demanding I/O needs of enterprise-class, tier-1 applications. In addition, DataCore will showcase performance optimizations for intense data processing and I/O workloads that are usually found in mainstream OLTP systems, real-time analytics, business intelligence and data warehouses. DataCore also suggests that they will be most valuable in the mission-critical lines of business applications based on Microsoft SQL Server, SAP and Oracle databases.
Other announcements related to VMware customers and partners by DataCore at VMworld include:
- Hyper-converged software solutions for enterprise applications and high-end OLTP workloads utilizing DataCore Adaptive Parallel I/O software
- New ‘Proven Design’ reference architectures for Lenovo, Dell, Huawei, Fujitsu and Cisco servers spanning high-end, midrange and smaller configurations
- A new worldwide partnership with Curvature to provide users a novel procurement and lifecycle model for storage products, data services and centralized management that is cost-disruptive
- Preview of DataCore’s upcoming VVOL capabilities
- Stretch cluster capabilities ideal for splitting hyper-converged systems over metro distances