November 7th, 2017 by Adam Armstrong
Dell EMC Announces New SC All-Flash Arrays, Unity Software, & Loyalty Program
Today Dell EMC announced that it would be expanding its midrange storage portfolio with two new SC All-Flash data storage arrays. The company is also boosting efficiency while reducing costs for mixed block and file workloads through an update in its Unity software. And Dell EMC is introducing its Future-Proof Storage Loyalty Program with benefits such as all-inclusive software, hardware investment protection, storage efficiency guarantees, worry-free data migrations and free Virtustream Storage Cloud.
Dell EMC is introducing two new SC All-Flash Arrays (AFAs), the Dell EMC SC5020F and Dell EMC SC7020F. Aimed at the midrange market, these new 3U AFAs feature dual active/active controllers with 8-core Intel Xeon processors and up to 256GB memory and multiprotocol support for 10GB iSCSI and 16/32GB FC network connections. The new entries in the SC Series can help users modernize their data centers, increase performance, and potentially open new revenue flows with the ability to support flash-enabled use cases and workloads.
- All-Flash performance – Up to 399,000 IOPS per array and 3.9 million aggregate IOPS per multi-array federated cluster
- Federated data mobility, scale and protection – Ships ready to link into federated multi-array clusters for easy, non-disruptive workload migration and load balancing; includes auto-failover feature for built-in business continuity
- Self-optimizing efficiency – Intelligent data deduplication and compression, RAID tiering and pervasive thin provisioning help make cost savings automatic
- All-inclusive software – Every advanced SC Series feature is included with no extra software licenses to purchase or maintain
As we previous stated, Unity is designed to be simple. The new solution offers offers cloud-like proactive management and monitoring through a modern HTML5 task-oriented interface that leads the user through daily operations and integrates with VMware and Microsoft ecosystems for easy third-party management. The latest version of its OS, v4.3, comes with several updates that include deduplication.
The new Dell EMC Unity v4.3 OS offers:
- Enhanced All-Flash efficiency with the addition of inline deduplication
- Synchronous file replication helps ensure zero data loss business continuity
- New capability enables online data-in-place storage controller upgrades
Dell EMC introduced its new Future-Proof Storage Loyalty program today offering robust guarantees, money-saving benefits and investment protection for new Dell EMC Unity and SC Series product purchases. If customers are purchasing either Dell EMC Unity or SC products, they are eligible for the Loyalty program at no additional cost.
- Three-year satisfaction guarantee – Dell EMC products will perform as advertised for customers, satisfaction guaranteed.
- 4:1 All-Flash Storage Efficiency Guarantee – Offered without complex pre-assessments and restrictions.
- Never-worry Data Migrations – Customers can seamlessly upgrade to new Dell EMC storage with built-in data migrations that are always online and non-disruptive.
- Hardware Investment Protection – Customers get flexible credit towards storage controller upgrades or trade-in credit towards the purchase of any new product across the Dell EMC portfolio.
- All-inclusive Software – Dell EMC midrange storage products ship with everything needed to store, manage and protect data with no extra licenses to purchase or maintain.
- Built-in Virtustream Storage Cloud (for Dell EMC Unity only) – Customers can automatically tier files and storage snapshots to the cloud with no capacity costs for one year, up to the program allotment.
The new SC AFAs are expected to be available in December of 2017. Unity OS v4.3 is expected to be available in January 2018. And the Dell EMC Future-Proof Storage Loyalty program is available now with the purchase of any new SC Series or Dell EMC Unity data storage array directly through Dell EMC or any of its certified channel partners.