April 30th, 2014 by Lyle Smith
Dell vRanger 7.0 Now Available
Dell has announced vRanger 7.0, the latest version of their virtual data protection solution. Dell vRanger offers users high-speed backup and recovery of VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V, and physical Windows Server environments and provides high-speed replication for VMware. It also protects entire virtual environments in just minutes, detects and backs up new VMs automatically, and delivers safe, scalable data protection VMware and Hyper-V environments of all sizes. Additionally, vRanger allows users to locate and restore individual files within seconds from a single, user-friendly interface; even if the data is buried deep in virtual and physical backups.
vRanger update 7.0 offers the following new features:
- VMware vSphere / ESXi 5.5 (including all updates) support
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012 / 2012 R2 agentless backup support
- Windows Server 2012 R2 / Windows 8.1 platform support
- Active Block Mapping (ABM) options to skip Windows Pagefiles and Hibernation files
- Scalability / performance improvements for VMware inventory
- Streamlined installer
- 64-bit vRanger console / server
- 64-bit Virtual Appliance and upgrade tools
- Restore job prioritization for faster restores
- Data Domain Boost has been updated to support DDOS 5.4.x
- Dell rebrand
Dell's vRanger 7.0 can be downloaded from the Dell Software Support site.
Trial downloads are available here.