October 25th, 2012 by Lyle Smith
D-Link Cloud Storage 2000 2-Bay NAS Announced
D-Link adds to its portfolio of cloud-enabled NAS products by announcing the ShareCenter 2-Bay Cloud Storage 2000 (DNS-320L), which offers a centralized storage solution with remote sharing, streaming, and management capabilities. The D-Link Cloud Storage 2000 gives users the ability to remotely and locally download and upload files, delete files and folders from their storage device, and access files stored on their ShareCenter from any computer using the mydlink.com portal website. It also comes with an app for the iPad, iPhone, and Android, enabling users view photos, and stream music and videos from their ShareCenter directly to their mobile devices from around the globe.
The Cloud Storage 2000 is the follow-up to D-Link’s DNS-320 storage device and highlighted by a faster CPU. Other features include Gigabit Ethernet port for high-speed data transfers, support for up to two 3.5-inch SATA hard drives in RAID0 or 1 configuration, and users can backup their files Amazon's secure S3 service to protect files in the event of a catastrophe. The Cloud Storage 2000 also supports multiple user streams simultaneously and there are tools required for installation.
The Cloud Storage 2000 features a new version of Photo Center, which aggregates and organizes user’s photos from their storage device. This allows administrators to create photo albums, view them with a slide show, and share photos with friends through email as well as Cooliris and posts to your Picasa web album.
Additional features include:
- mydlink.com Portal for Remote File Management over the Internet
- mydlink Access – NAS Mobile App for Remote File Access and music, photos and video streaming
- Multiple hard drive configurations – Standard, JBOD RAID 0 and RAID 1
- Gigabit Ethernet Connectivity
- Built-in Web File Server and Secure FTP Server for File Access Over the Internet
- DLNA Server to Stream Music, Photos, and Video to Compatible Media Players, including Boxee Box by D-Link, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
- USBPort Supports USB Drives, USB Printers and UPS Monitoring
- Supports PC Backup, Local Backup, Apple Time Machine Backup, USB Backup, Remote Backup, and Cloud Backup (via Amazon S3)
- Auto Power Recovers and Power-off Scheduling
- Automatic E-mail Notification of Device Status
Availability and Pricing
The D-Link Cloud Storage 2000 is available for the price of $149.99 throughout the D-Link network of retail and e-tail outlets in North America.