January 14th, 2013 by Josh Linden
Dot Hill Announces AssuredSAN Pro 5000 Series With RealStor Autonomic Balancing
Dot Hill has announced its midrange AssuredSAN Pro 5000 Series will feature the company’s newly-patented method for maximizing real-time tiered storage performance. AssuredSAN Pro 5000 Series solutions incorporate RealStor, new Dot Hill management software which implements autonomic balancing of "hot" and "cold" data across drives within the same storage tier without policy setting or human intervention.
AssuredSAN Pro 5000 Series Technology Overview
- RealTier autonomic tiered storage software
- RealThin thin provisioning
- AssuredRemote remote replication software with vSphere SRM as a failover solution
- RealPool automated pooling
- RealQuick rapid sector rebuilding
- Preset RAID levels
- Add Storage function maps new storage
- GUI for management and performance monitoring
- Microsoft, VMware, Citrix certifications pending.
RealStor tracks which pages are hot and cold across all components in a storage tier. The system can move hot pages to SSD storage and ensure that frequently-requested data is not concentrated on one drive. This real-time autonomic functionality distributes the workload throughout the storage system for improved performance; AssuredSAN Pro 5000 solutions employ tiers of SSDs, SAS hard drives, and nearline SAS drives, to support the varying storage requirements of virtualized environments.