July 15th, 2012 by Josh Linden
Enhance Technology Announces EnhanceRAID E500FR 5-Drive SMB Storage
Enhance Technology has announced the release of its new EnhanceRAID E500FR 5-drive desktop storage solution with hardware RAID controller. The E500FR offers a variety of operational modes and capacity options designed to serve SMB applications including data backup, DVR, server/database storage, and digital media production.
The E500FR’s integrated hardware RAID controller supports user selectable modes including JBOD, RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 10, RAID 5, and Disk Clone. The E500FR’s “backup bundle” includes NovaBackup Professional software for Windows laptops, PCs and workstations.
Enhance RAID E500FR Specifications
- Number of Drives: 5
- RPM: 7200 RPM
- Host Interfaces: 1 x USB 3.0, 2 x FireWire 800, 1 x eSATA
- Form Factor: Desktop
- RAID: - 0,1,10,3,5,3+Spare, 5+Spare, LARGE, CLONE & JBOD
- AES 128-bit encryption: Optional
- System status indicators
- System temperature indicators
- HDD status & activity indicators
- In-band GUI management
- SNMP email notification
- Hardware failure sensor and notification alarm
- Downloadable system event log
- Operating Temperature 10°C ~ 40°C;
- Relative Humidity 10% to 85% non-condensing
- Power Cooling: 180W power supply, 1 x 8mm low noise cooling fan;
- Dimension (H x W x D): - 8.7" x 6.14" x 10.24"
The E500FR is available now diskless and in 5TB, 10TB and 15TB configurations.