June 19th, 2015 by Adam Armstrong
Exablox Releases OneBlox 4312
Exablox announced that it is expanding its OneBlox family with the release of its new storage appliance, the OneBlox 4312. The 4312 delivers 10 times the performance of the OneBlox 3308. The 4312 comes with inline deduplication, continuous snapshots, and remote replication enabling users to address a wide range of use cases.
Exablox claims that their OneBlox takes the best of both worlds when it comes to storage, having all of the advantages of traditional NAS and object storage. The OneBlox family is easy to install and manage using Exablox’ OneSystem, a multi-tenant cloud-based management service. OneBlox leverages a flexible scale-out ring architecture that lets customers add more capacity easily and pay as they grow. OneBlox also supports archiving and certification from Veeam, Symantec Backup Exec, Unitrends, and others.
OneBlox 4312 also supports HGST 8TB SAS and SATA drives. If the entire appliance was populated with these HGST HDDs it would bring total capacity up to 96TB in a 2U form factor and could scale to almost 700TB in a single filesystem.
OneBlox 4312 specifications
- Form factor: 2U
- Hard Drive Bays: 12 x 3.5” drive slots, hot swappable
- Hard Drive Types: 3.5" SATA II & III (3 Gb/s and 6 Gb/s) /
- 3.5" SAS (6Gb/s and 12 Gb/s)
- Max. Raw Capacity: 96 TB (12 disks rated at 8 TB each)
- Power Dual output power: 920W; output voltages +12V (75A), +5Vsb (4A)
- Thermal Rating: 900 BTU/hr, 270W (typical)
- Weight (empty, no disks): 52 lb. (23.6 kg)
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 17.2 x 3.5 x 25.5 inches (37 x 89 x 648 mm)
- Operating Temperature and Elevation: 0° C to 35° C (50° F to 95° F)
- Relative Humidity: 8% to 90% relative humidity, noncondensing
- Non-operating Temperature and Relative Humidity: -40° C to 60° C (-40° F to 140° F); 5% to 95% relative humidity, noncondensing
- Operating Acoustic Noise: 56.5 dBA sound pressure (LpA) @ normal operating conditions (at 22°C and at sea level)
- Cooling: 3 adjusted fan cooled
- File Service Protocols: SMB (1.0, 2.0, 2.1, 3.0); NFS v3
- Onboard GbE Ports: 2 x 10GbE BASE-T, 2 x 1 GbE BASE-T, 2 x 10GbE SFP+ (optional)
- Onboard USB Ports: 2 x USB 2.0, 2 x USB 3.0
- Virtual LCD Screen: Accessible through web browser
- LED Lights: Blue and red activity and status LEDs on each drive bay door
- Electromagnetic emissions and compatibility: FCC Class A, EN 55022 Class A, EN 61000-3-2/-3- 3, CISPR 22 Class A
- Safety and Quality: CE Marking (Europe)
Availability and pricing
The OneBlox 4312 is available now with a price of $11,995.