July 19th, 2016 by Adam Armstrong
G-Technology Is Updating Capacity & Performance On Its Line Of Products
Today G-Technology, a Western Digital Company, announced that their line of products were getting a capacity and performance bump. The increased capacity and performance come as the needs of creative professionals are growing. Not only that but the vast majority of consumers are generating more and higher resolution content that needs a method of storage.
The media available is being generated with higher and higher resolution, which in turn creates larger file sizes. It's not only is professional media growing in size and resolution. The average consumer now how access to recording devices that can take 4K video (Apple’s iPhone 6s and several GoPro cameras). This resolution of video can take up tremendous amounts of space, 30 minutes of 4K video can take up 11GB of space. G-Technology takes its already successful line of products and gives it more capacity to address these issues. Along with that they are bumping up the performance to make transferring files faster, so users can get back to creating and editing files.
The upgraded line include:
- G-DRIVE with Thunderbolt (up to $699.95 for 10TB) - A high-performance storage solution that features Thunderbolt with now claiming up to 245MB/s transfer rates with the option to utilize USB 3.0 connectivity, ideal for data-intensive tasks such as audio/video editing or digital photography. A USB 3.0 only version is also available for up to $599.95 MSRP for 10TB.
- G-RAID with Thunderbolt (up to $1,499.95 for 20TB ) – This is a high-performance, removable dual-hard drive RAID 0, 1 or JBOD storage system featuring both Thunderbolt 2 and USB 3.0 connectivity to quickly access, browse, edit and backup digital libraries. G-tech states that it now provides transfer rates up to 480MB/s in RAID 0, suitable for the most demanding creative projects, including multistream HD, 2K and compressed 4K video workflows.
- G-SPEED Shuttle XL with Thunderbolt (up to $9,999.95 for 80TB) – Able to handle demanding 4K and beyond video workflows both on location and in the studio, the G-SPEED Shuttle XL with Thunderbolt offers a hardware RAID, 8-Bay transportable Thunderbolt 2 solution with colossal capacity up to 80TB. Designed for the creative professional always on the go, the G-SPEED Shuttle XL has an integrated handle to easily move and fit inside a standard protective case that sits neatly into an overhead airline compartment.
- G-SPEED Shuttle XL with Thunderbolt with ev Series Bay Adapters (up to $7,499.95 for 60TB) – Similar to the G-SPEED Shuttle XL with Thunderbolt, the integrated ev Series bay adapters improve workflow options and productivity by enabling cross-functionality with all ev Series drives. It also comes with up to six 10TB enterprise-class hard drives backed by the G-Technology three-year limited warranty.
- G-SPEED Studio XL with Thunderbolt (up to $8,999.95 for 80TB) – For professional content creators who need high capacity coupled with high performance, the G-SPEED Studio XL provides a hardware RAID 8-Bay enterprise-class storage solution that can support multi-stream, compressed 4K workflows with large volumes of data at transfer rates of up to 1350MB/s.
- G-SPEED Studio XL with two ev Series Bay Adapters (up to $6,499.95 for 60TB) -- The addition of integrated ev Series bay adapters leverages the flexibility of the ev Series by offering compatibility with all ev Series drives. Six of the eight bays are enterprise-class hard drives up to 10TB, providing storage for critical video and photography based workflows.
The above devices are available now, come with a 3-year warranty, and come formatted for Mac (though they can easily be reformatted for PC).