September 19th, 2017 by Adam Armstrong
Hitachi Vantara Introduces Next-Gen UCP Software & CI Systems
Today at Hitachi NEXT 2017 in Las Vegas, Hitachi Vantara launched Hitachi Unified Compute Platform (UCP) CI, its new family of converged infrastructure. Also on its UCP front is the Hitachi UCP Advisor 2.0, the next generation of its management automation and orchestration software for the Hitachi UCP family of systems. Combining the new CI systems and software delivers a flexible, high-performance enterprise-class platform that support next-generation digital solutions.
Both the family of CI systems and the software aim to deliver a modern, integrated data-centric framework that can help enterprises more agilely respond to rapidly changing business and market demands. For customers that already have existing virtualization, database and analytics applications, the new UCP solutions will support these as well as offering a turnkey solution to deploy enterprise applications faster, with improved performance, higher uptime, simplified troubleshooting and enhanced security features. All of the above benefits can reduce costs, complexity, and risks while potentially identifying new business models and revenue streams.
Notable advancements and benefits of Hitachi UCP Advisor software include:
- Simplified deployment through the automated provisioning of physical and virtual environments while minimizing downtime with automated lifecycle management, health alerts and monitoring.
- Extensible automation enabling integration with datacenter management frameworks.
- Improved efficiency using an intuitive interface providing federated management of UCP converged, hyperconverged and rack scale systems.
Notable advancements and benefits of Hitachi UCP CI systems include:
- Integration with UCP Advisor software for automated management, orchestration and monitoring.
- Combines Hitachi’s leading, enterprise-grade Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform (VSP) storage with sixth-generation Intel Xeon Scalable processors to provide a flexible, highly performant and configurable system that’s capable of supporting any enterprise application, at any scale, within or across any cloud environment.
- Scales simply from entry-level and proof-of-concept projects to support mission-critical applications and enterprise-wide deployments.
- Delivered as a pre-validated, fully integrated and turnkey system, supports rapid installation to accelerate time to business value.
- Helps users more efficiently and effectively manage, govern and mobilize business data assets, both on-premises and in cloud environments.
The new software and CI systems are part of Hitachi Vantara’s refreshed and expanded UCP portfolio. Also including in this portfolio is the rack-scale UCP RS systems, based on VMware Cloud Foundation, and hyperconverged UCP HC systems, now enabled with nonvolatile memory (NVMe) acceleration. The newly announced UCP Advisor 2.0 software will also work with these two products simplifying data management, orchestration and improving operational efficiencies.
UCP CI systems are available now. The next-generation UCP Advisor 2.0 software is expected to be generally available later this year.