September 28th, 2017 by Adam Armstrong
Hitachi Vantara Introduces Smart Data Center
This year at Hitachi NEXT in Las Vegas, Hitachi Vantara announced the company’s Smart Data Center vision. The Smart Data Center would bring together the latest technologies and approaches in infrastructure management, predictive analytics, and internet of things (IoT) capabilities to address the challenges customers face in managing today’s complex IT environments. This would be an approach to optimize every aspect of the data center making it more efficient and more cost-effective.
Hitachi Vantara looked at data centers and thought of a way to improve nearly every aspect. The idea was to centralize control and automate processes not only in the data center, but spanning out through systems and into the cloud. Their Smart Data Center can automate decision-making, insight and guidance through predictive analytics, IoT and prescriptive intelligence. These new capabilities run the gamut form simple tasks such as provisioning to complicated tasks like optimization and self-healing across data centers.
Key benefits of the Smart Data Center:
- Speeds time to deploy IT resources and complete administrative tasks.
- Streamlines changing and adding new infrastructure technology.
- Provides holistic, dynamic data center operational and commercial views, on-demand, for data-driven decision-making, risk management and planning.
- Maximizes operational efficiency and cost reduction.
- Improves business alignment and consistent delivery of service levels.
Hitachi Vantara is rolling out a fully manage Smart Data Center solution through its early adoption program. The program lets Hitachi Vantara fine tune the solution while allowing customers to co-create some of the finishing touches. The solution that is with the early adopters at the moment is fully managed, applying advanced analytics and integrated orchestration, on- or off-premises, to information collected from a customer’s data center.