January 23rd, 2014 by Mark Kidd
HP Announces 1U SMB StoreVirtual 4335 Storage with Auto-Tiering
HP has announced the new HP StoreVirtual 4335 Storage system, a 1U software-defined hybrid storage solution for virtualized applications in SMB environments. StoreVirtual 4335 Storage incorporates HP’s Adaptive Optimization technology which profiles data access at 256KB granularity. High priority or high-demand data is migrated to SSD storage, while replicated data (RAID 10, RAID 10+1) and parity data (RAID 5 and 6) is stored on more economical HDDs.
HP StoreVirtual 4335 Specifications
- Capacity: 7.5TB Starting, 240TB Maximum
- Drive type included: (3) 400GB SFF SSD, (7) 900GB 6G 10K SFF Dual-port ENT SAS
- Host interface: 1 GbE iSCSI (4) Ports and 10 GbE iSCSI (2) Ports
- Storage expansion options: Clustering capability and add StoreVirtual storage nodes into the array
- Management features : Centralized Management Console, HP ProLiant Integrated Lights-Out 4 Remote Management, Baseboard Mgmt Controller IPMI 2.0
- Clustering support: Hyper-redundant clustered storage
- Replication support: LeftHand Remote Copy Asynchronous Replication with Bandwidth Throttling; Multi-Site/Disaster Recovery with Synchronous Replication
- Thin provisioning support: LeftHand Thin Provisioning
- Smart clone support: LeftHand SmartClone
- Snapshot support: LeftHand Application Managed Snapshots
- Availability features:
- Redundant, hot swap power supplies
- Redundant fans
- Redundant, hot plug hard drives, integrated storage controller with flash backed write cache
- Disk RAID 5, 6, and 10
- Hyper-redundant clustered storage
- Network RAID levels (per volume) 0,5,6,10,10+1, and 10+2 for up to four copies of data
StoreVirtual solutions, including virtual storage appliance offerings, all utilize HP's LeftHand operating system which is based on an all-inclusive licensing model. LeftHand 11.0 functionality includes multi-site high availability, thin provisioning, and adaptive optimization. LeftHand also integrates with Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager via SMI-S and VMware vCenter Server via the HP Insight Control plug-in.
The StoreVirtual platform’s scale-out architecture offers near-linear performance improvements when additional StoreVirtual systems are added, whether a Virtual Storage Appliance on an x86 server or a cluster of StoreVirtual 4335 arrays. Network RAID technology aggregates all CPUs, RAID controllers, NICs, caches, and disk spindles into a single pool accessible to every volume in the cluster. HP StoreVirtual Storage is available across a number of HP ProLiant rack and blade models as well as a lineup of StoreVirtual Virtual Storage Appliances (VSAs).
Pricing and Availability
StoreVirtual 4335 is available now starting at $41,000 for a standard configuration equipped with seven 900GB SFF 10K SAS drives and three 400GB Enterprise Mainstream SSDs.
UPDATE - HP StoreVirtual 4335 Review