July 25th, 2014 by Adam Armstrong
HP Announces an Update to HP Data Protector
HP Autonomy announced that it has updated its flagship data protection solution, HP Data Protector, to now offer integration with HP Helion OpenStack and NetApp storage arrays. These two core enhancements will help businesses create and manage agile IT infrastructures that are able to adapt to the dynamic nature of always-on data centers.
Utilizing real-time operational analytics and advanced integration with applications and infrastructure, HP Data Protector optimizes backup and helps improve business continuity and resiliency. The solutions architecture is designed to scale from small to medium businesses all the way up to the world’s largest enterprise IT environments.
HP Data Protector’s integration with HP Helion OpenStack provides organizations with:
- Automatic, secure off-site copy to cloud
- Optimized backup and recovery process through a tiered recovery architecture
- End-to-end HP solution with fully integrated infrastructure, software, services, and support all from HP
HP Data Protector’s support for organizations who relay on NetApp storage arrays will see new capabilities such as:
- Non-disruptive, hardware assisted backup powered by HP Data Protector’s Zero Downtime Backup capability
- NetApp storage device (physical and virtual) support creating and managing snapshots running on Data ONTAP or Clustered Data ONTAP, and specifically supporting backup of virtual machines running on VMware vSphere.
HP Data Protector’s integration with Hp Helion OpenStack and NetApp storage arrays will be available beginning in August 2014.