September 11th, 2012 by Josh Linden
HP Announces Lineup of New and Updated Enterprise and Public Sector Security Solutions
HP has announced additions and enhancements to its security solutions portfolio oriented towards proactive assessment, optimization, and management of security environments. According to research conducted by Coleman Parkes on behalf of HP, nearly two-thirds of business and technology executives are concerned about security requirements for cloud services as well as how to secure and consume big data. Half of those surveyed are concerned about mobile data loss or theft.
New offerings include:
- HP Data Center Protection Services, to evaluate existing security practices and provide recommendations to help optimize infrastructure and improve program management.
- HP ArcSight Enterprise Security Manager 6.0c, a scalable security monitoring and compliance solution that identifies security threats across an infrastructure and prioritizes critical issues to reduce potential damage.
- HP TippingPoint NX Platform Next Generation Intrusion Prevention Systems (NGIPS) offers deep packet inspection across network devices, virtual machines, operating systems, and business-critical applications. Its new modular architecture is designed to adapt automatically to threats as they are discovered, saving rack space and maintaining consistent power consumption and cooling costs.
HP’s Security for Public Sector portfolio has added:
- New features for HP Assured Identity, a solution that offers identity, credential and access management. It enables controls against insider threats, identity proofing, and reduced complexity around secure information sharing between collaborating organizations.
- Comprehensive Applications Threat Analysis (CATA) on Demand lowers the cost of application security by addressing threats throughout the development lifecycle.
- HP Security Operations Center (SOC) Consulting Services for public sector clients outside the United States, which helps enables clients establish and manage an on-site cybersecurity operations center and is now offered as a counterpart to HP’s U.S. Public Sector security consulting and security operations center service.
Imaging and Printer-Based Intrusions
- HP Access Control (HP AC) Printing Solutions, expanded for the healthcare industry, enhance device security and improve companywide printing policies with authentication, pull printing, intelligent management and job accounting.
- HP Imaging and Printing Security Assessment reviews the print environment from a security and compliance perspective, minimizing the risks of unattended documents, sensitive data processing from a computer to a printer, and confidential information on device hard drives.
- Enhanced HP Imaging and Printing Security Center (IPSC), a policy-based solution, increases security automation while reducing risk through broader device and operating-system compatibility, expanded HP Instant-on Security device support and password management capabilities.
- HP also announced Information Security Pulse, a free mobile application for security professionals that utilizes data from HP Digital Vaccine Labs (DVLabs) to monitor current and trending cyberthreats on webOS, Apple iOS , Android and web browser platforms.
HP Fortify on Demand has reached the milestone 2.5 billion lines of code under subscription as part of its Software-as-a-Service solution. HP Fortify hardens the attack surface of applications with both static and dynamic application testing for 21 languages. HP Fortify offers SaaS testing services for both the iOS and Android operating systems.
Infographic: Monitor Real-Time Cyberthreats with HP's Information Security Pulse