August 31st, 2015 by Lyle Smith
HP Announces New Solutions to Leverage VMware Environments
HP has announced new solutions focused on helping businesses to leverage their VMware environments through faster time to implementation and greater return on investment. These new products and services are optimized for VMware vSphere, including new hyper-converged and all-flash storage systems announced earlier this month.
HP and VMware have collaborated to bring the industry’s first sales, support and go-to-market agreement for the VMware NSX network virtualization platform. It is designed to aid customers in accelerating the deployment of new high-performing applications, simplify data center fabric and operations and improve security while including a complete, end-to-end network virtualization consulting and support capabilities. In addition, HP’s hardware L2 GW solution will attain VMware certification.
HP has also announced more flexibility and selections of end-user computing solutions with VMware Horizon 6.1 and NVIDIA GRID. HP indicates that this will improve workplace productivity while delivering the widest range of choice and highest density graphics virtualization options available.
The new system is powered by HP OneView, thus giving customers a single management interface. The solutions are also optimized for VDI applications, offering variable, full lifecycle support options and open interoperability with third party top-of-rack networking switches and hypervisors from vendors.
In addition, these end-user computing solutions have the ability to support upwards of 3,500 users and are fully tested to run desktop virtualization applications at optimal performance. This allows customers to reduce provisioning time, cost, setup and installation errors with the flexibility to be built and delivered directly from HP (as well as by a certified channel partner) catering to the specific needs of the customer’s data center. This certainly has potential to free up a lot of time and resources.
HP has added the new Converged Architecture 700 (CA700) to the Converged Architecture partner program. The CA700 is based on the HP BladeSystem, HP 3PAR Storage, HP OneView and integration with VMware vSphere and VMware vRealize Operations, with the company indicating that it is the only integrated system with converged management across compute, storage, and fabric. It is mainly designed for private clouds and enabling mobile workforce and mixed workloads.
The CA700’s integrated stack also gives VMware administrators the ability to manage the entire stack as one. In addition, VMware administrators can deploy and expand clusters as well as perform day-to-day operations across the entire stack from the vSphere console, allowing customers to focus on applications and meeting business needs.
New HP services for VMware were also announced, enabling organizations to adapt to changing business dynamics all the while providing a secure, stable environment. These include:
- HP Software-defined Compute Accelerator for VMware. This pre-defined, customizable accelerator solution contains the necessary hardware, software and services to enable the piloting of a specific compute use case in the enterprise.
- HP Software-defined Compute Implementation Service. HP experts apply software-defined Infrastructure (SDI) concepts and VMware, HP-based reference architecture in datacenter environments.
- HP Client Virtualization Services. A full lifecycle HP services covering assessment, design, implementation, deployment, testing and support of client virtualization and VDI for VMware solutions into customer environments.
- HP Network Virtualization Services. These consulting and support services are designed to transform and operate the network when combining physical and virtual network resources, functionality and management to ready a network for virtualized cloud, Network Functions Virtualization, or SDI. HP provides customers with a single place to access networking, virtualization and NSX experts to quickly resolve issues 24 x 7 x 365.
- HP Education Services for VMware. New vSphere 6 training courses and curriculum educate customers on the latest capabilities from VMware and HP.
- HP FlexFabric 5930 direct certification with VMware NSX and SDN federated certification is slated for a release later in Q4 2015.
- The end-user computing solutions with VMware Horizon 6.1 and NVIDIA GRID and the new HP Converged Architecture 700 with VMware vSphere and VMware vRealize Operations will also be available sometime in Q5 of this year.
- The Software-defined Compute Services, HP Client Virtualization Services, HP Network Virtualization support services for HP-VMware NSX and HP Education Services for VMware vSphere 6 are now globally available.
- The HP Network Virtualization consulting services for HP-VMware NSX will be available sometime in January next year.