September 24th, 2013 by Bill Valle
HP Autonomy Announces HP Connected Backup 8.8
Featuring a new intuitive user interface, HP Connected Backup 8.8 has been released by HP Autonomy that allows access to any mobile device such as Android, IOS, and Windows devices. This solution can be utilized by both administrators and end users alike to migrate data from aging platforms such as Windows XP that will not be supported past April 2014. The update also includes a refreshed user interface that enables intuitive self-service recovery.
This provides a cost effective, scalable, and proactive method of ensuring enterprise backups are being managed across a large distributive environment. Connected Support Center offers advanced system reporting, automated report generation, and complete management of backups from a central location.
HP Connected Backup 8.8 features
- New user interface: New task-based user interface enhances performance and enables self-serve recovery for near-instant access to data.
- Scalability: Enhanced centralized policy management that ensures data is protected and can be recovered or migrated as determined by user level and role within an organization.
- Mobile data accessibility: Users can immediately access their data from Android, iOS or Windows devices.
- Management and Reporting: Customized advanced system reporting, automated report generation and delivery, and proactive management of backup.
- Flexible deployment: Solution can be deployed by customers on their own premises, as a fully managed SaaS offering backed by secure and compliant HP data centers or as a combination of the two.
HP Autonomy's Connected Backup 8.8 is available now.