September 24th, 2012 by Lyle Smith
HP Autonomy Application Information Optimizer 7.0, ControlPoint 3.0 and HP TRIM 7.3 Announced
Autonomy, a subsidiary of Hewlett-Packard (HP), has announced the availability of HP Application Information Optimizer 7.0, an enterprise solution that improves application performance for businesses, meets critical compliance obligations, and can reduce data storage by up to 48 percent.
Organizations are constantly dealing with bloated application databases containing inactive structured data that has accumulated over the years. Data is never moved or deleted because conventional thinking dictates that this data can only be accessed through the application that created it, which results in degraded business applications performance, additional storage costs, and unneeded labor costs associated with keeping obsolete applications running beyond what is reasonable.
HP Application Information Optimizer solves this issue by safely removing and preserving inactive structured data from production or legacy systems, all the while preserving data integrity and access. The data can be moved into economical on-premise or cloud-storage using environments such as Cloud Services. Additionally, the Application Information Optimizer’s prebuilt archiving modules support a large variety of enterprise applications, such as Oracle E-Business Suite, PeopleSoft and Siebel. Its integrated data extraction wizard allows users to safely and quickly extract data from any industry-standard relational database to enable application retirement or data archiving.
HP Application Information Optimizer 7.0 features:
- Safely convert raw data from application databases into an industry-standard XML-format “business document” that can be easily stored and accessed by a broad spectrum of business applications and analytical solutions
- Seamlessly integrate with the industry-leading HP Autonomy Consolidated Archive on-premise or cloud-based solution for comprehensive information management of both structured and unstructured information
- Directly integrate with HP TRIM, the company’s DoD 5015-compliant records-management solution, to ensure that structured records are appropriately managed to meet regulatory or compliance obligations
- Work in tandem with the high-performance HP Vertica columnar in-memory engine for advanced analytics and Autonomy Intelligent Data Operating Layer (IDOL) for meaning-based universal search across all production and legacy data repositories.
Autonomy has also announced ControlPoint 3.0 and HP TRIM 7.3, the industry’s first integrated solution for automatically applying policy, based on meaning, to both structured and unstructured data, regardless of format or location within an organization. HP TRIM records management and Autonomy ControlPoint policy application products allow organizations to understand the concepts and ideas contained within their data.
The new features and improvements of HP TRIM 7.3 and Autonomy ControlPoint 3.0 are built based on Autonomy’s Intelligent Data Operating Layer (IDOL) platform. IDOL enables organizations to identify the location and compliance status of their information assets to apply the correct organizational policy (the security, storage, and retention settings for each asset). This allows businesses to acquire a new level of governance by eliminating traditional manual approaches.
With this new integrated solution, customers can leverage Autonomy ControlPoint’s ability to automatically identify and classify business records by using Autonomy IDOL’s meaning-based analysis as well as declare and manage these business records through the HP TRIM record repository when appropriate. Autonomy ControlPoint can also apply policy to content across multiple repositories, eliminating the need to move content or duplicate data. This gives customers the ability to reduce storage costs while mitigating risk.
The new release of HP TRIM 7.3 brings new capabilities including:
- Automatic classification of all records in HP TRIM to increase transparency and eliminate manual overhead
- Expanded access to third-party systems via Autonomy IDOL Connectors to break down silos and to manage-in-place without data relocation
- Unified universal search and view across diverse unstructured data sets and files including Microsoft SharePoint files to improve productivity
- Enhanced performance with IDOL-powered indexing to improve search effectiveness