June 9th, 2014 by Adam Armstrong
HP Discover 2014 Kicks off With Wave of Infrastructure Announcements
Today at HP Discover 2014, HP announced new innovations to enterprise infrastructure solutions. These solutions are aimed at making enterprise architecture simple, efficient, and an investment protection as organizations are forced to change their approach to technology; big data, mobility, security, and cloud computing are causing heavy investments in IT infrastructure. HP is introducing new solutions to address these issues.
The new offerings include:
- Enhancements to the HP 3PAR StoreServ and HP StoreOnce Backup family – delivering flash storage for under $2 per usable gigabyte and enabling customers to protect increasing volumes of data while simplifying data management.
- HP Apollo – a family of high-performance computing (HPC) that delivers better performance while using less space and energy.
- HP Virtual Cloud Networking SDN Application and HP FlexFabric Datacenter 7900 –network offerings that simplify the transition to a software-defined datacenter while continuing to maintain business.
- Enhancements to the HP ConvergedSystem platform of IT-as-a-Service – to increase performance while lower cost, time, and complexity.
- HP Datacenter Care Flexible Capacity – a pay-as-you-go model for easy management of hybrid IT environments.
- HP Helion Self-Service HPC – a private cloud solution that provides a self-service portal containing HPC resources.
- Enhancements to HP OneView – to automate routine IT tasks, reduce operational expense, and speed response times.
- Integration of HP ConvergedSystem for Virtualization with HP OneView – delivering a common management platform across servers, storage, networking and third-party software.
Availability and Pricing
- HP Apollo 6000 and HP Apollo 8000 will be available from HP and channel partners beginning June 10.
- HP 3PARStoreServ 1.92TB MLC drives are expected to be available in July for $14,315 per drive.
- HP StoreOnce 6500 starts at $375,000 and HP Federated Catalyst starts at $37,500 per couplet for the HP StoreOnce 6500. Both are available in July.
- HP Virtual Cloud Networking SDN Application will be available in August as part of HP Helion OpenStack.
- HP FlexFabric 7900 switch series starts at $55,500 and is available now.
- HP Trusted Network Transformation is available now with customized solution pricing. The enhanced HP ConvergedSystem for Virtualization offerings is currently available for the starting price of $170,000.
- The enhanced HP OneView also is currently available for the starting price of $699.
- HP Datacenter Care Flexible Capacity is available now globally.