June 6th, 2014 by Adam Armstrong
HP Introduces New Thin Client Solutions
HP has announced two new thin client solutions, the HP t310 AIO All-In-One Zero client and HP t590 Flexible Series Thin Client. Both solutions are designed to help business securely support virtual work environments. Along with the new Thin Client, HP also announced updates to HP ThinPro 5.0, its embedded Linux Operating System.
The HP t310 AIO helps businesses maximize available workspace with its compact design, 23-inch diagonal display. It is optimized for PCOIP and VMware environments. The HP t310 AIO has a TERA2321 PCoIP Zero Client processor, up to 512 MB 1066 MHz DDR3 SDRAM of memory, with 256MB of flash memory, and is operating system independent.
Key features include:
- High performance: driven by the latest Teradici PCoIP technology to ensure low display latency and fast response times, even for demanding multimedia applications
- Space Saving: can be deployed in small workspaces
- Energy efficient: Energy Star qualified
The HP t590 is tailor designed for users in demanding work environments that require flexibility. It maximizes productivity with a seamless virtual desktop experience The HP t590 has a AMD GX-212JC Dual-Core SOC APU with AMD Radeon HD Graphics (1.2 GHz) processor, up to 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3L SDRAM of memory, and an internal drive up to 64GB M.2 SSD.
Key features include:
- High Performance: With AMD GX-212JC SOC, SATA flash drive interface, HD graphics, and configurable memory and storage, the HP t520 delivers performance 14.4 percent faster than the HP t510
- Seamless Integration: high flexibility allowing businesses to choose the OS and virtualization solutions best suited for their operation.
- Space Saving: 20% smaller than its predecessor, easily deployed in small workspaces
HP ThinPro 5.0 combines HP ThinPro OS and HP Smart Zero Core allowing users switch between the two as needed. It comes with a user friendly interface and allows easy customization and system management.
The HP t310 AIO and HP t590 will begin shipping at the end of June and be available worldwide over the next two months. Both solutions come with a 3-year limited warranty. And the HP ThinPro 5.0 will be available this month on HP flexible series thin clients at no additional charge.