November 11th, 2015 by Adam Armstrong
HP Releases World’s First Quad Core Workstation Ultrabook
Today HP Inc. announced serveral new mobile workstations including the world’s first quad core workstation, the HP ZBook Studio. The HP ZBook Studio is a 15.6” workstation designed for professionals that work on-the-go, in the field, or wherever they happen to be. Representing over 30 years of innovation at HP, the HP ZBook Studio is the thinnest and lightest full performance workstation on the market. HP is also announcing three other new mobile workstations, the HP ZBook 15u, HP ZBook 15, and HP ZBook 17.
The HP ZBook Studio is 4.4 lbs. and 18mm thin. The ZBook Studio has endured over 120,000 hours of testing. It can be configured for multiple uses depending on the needs. The ZBook Studio comes with an Intel Core or Xeon processors can be configured to have up to 2TB of Z Turbo Drive G2 storage, up to 32GB ECC memory, dual Thunderbolt 3, dual cooling fans, and optional HP DreamColor 4K UHD or FHD touch displays. Users also have the choice of either NVIDIA Quadro M1000M 2 GB GDDR5 Professional graphics or Intel HD graphics 530 to handle their heavy graphics loads.
HP ZBook Studio specifications:
- Operating System:
- Windows 10 Pro 64
- Windows 10 Home 64
- Windows 7 Professional 64
- Windows 7 Professional 64 (available through downgrade rights from Windows 10 Pro 64)
- FreeDOS 2.0
- Processor Family: Intel Xeon processor; Intel Core i7 processor
- Chipset: Mobile Intel CM236
- Maximum Memory: 32 GB DDR4-2133 ECC or non-ECC SDRAM
- Internal Storage:
- 128GB M.2 SATA SSD
- 256GB up to 512GB M.2 SATA SED SSD
- 256GB up to 1 TB HP Z Turbo Drive G2 (NVMe PCIe SSD)
- 15.6" diagonal FHD UWVA IPS anti-glare LED-backlit (1920 x 1080)
- 15.6" diagonal FHD Touch UWVA IPS LED-backlit (1920 x 1080)
- 15.6" diagonal UHD UWVA IPS anti-glare LED-backlit (3840 x 2160)
- 15.6" diagonal UHD DreamColor UWVA IPS anti-glare LED-backlit (3840 x 2160)
- Available Graphics
- Integrated: Intel HD graphics 530; Intel HD graphics P530; Intel Iris Pro Graphics P580
- Discrete: NVIDIA Quadro M1000M (2 GB dedicated GDDR5)
- Expansion Slots: 1 SD UHS-II flash media
- Ports and Connectors:
- Left side: 1 RJ-45; 1 USB 3.0; 1 USB 3.0 (charging)
- Right side: 1 power connector; 2 ThunderboltTM 3; 1 HDMI 1.4; 1 USB 3.0; 1 stereo microphone-in/headphone-out combo
- LAN: Integrated Intel I219-LM Gigabit Network Connection
- WLAN: Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 combo; Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2x2) non-vPro Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 combo
- 150 W Slim Smart AC adapter (external)
- HP Long Life 4-cell 64 WHr Li-ion prismatic
- Dimensions: 14.76 x 10.04 x 0.71 in (375x255x18mm)
- Starting Weight: 4.4 lbs. (2 kg)
- 3-year warranty
Along with the HP ZBook Studio, HP also announced three new mobile workstations. These workstations re also thinner and lighter than their predecessors. Users will also see a boost in performance, innovation, and reliability with these new workstations. These new workstations include:
- HP ZBook 15u delivers workstation performance in a low cost, compact package. With its 15.6-inch diagonal display, it is a great combination of mobility and affordability. This workstation Ultrabook can be configured with up to 32GB of memory, AMD FirePro professional graphics with 2GB frame buffer, HP Z Turbo Drive G2, 1.5TB of total storage, and a FHD touch display.
- HP ZBook 15 is the next generation of the world’s top-selling mobile workstation. This thin and light, portable powerhouse was redesigned inside and out, and is 27% thinner and 7% lighter than the previous generation. Boasting a 27% increase in battery life over previous generations, the HP ZBook 15 with a 15.6-inch diagonal display is equipped with an Intel Core or Xeon processor, 64GB ECC memory, dual 1TB HP Z Turbo Drive G2 for up to 3TB of total storage, dual Thunderbolt 3, and optional HP DreamColor UHD or FHD touch displays.
- HP ZBook 17 features a 67% increase in battery life and the 17.3-inch diagonal workstation is now also 25% thinner and 11% lighter than its predecessor. It is configured with an Intel Core or Xeon processor, up to 64GB ECC memory, dual 1TB HP Z Turbo Drive G2 for up to 4TB of total storage, dual Thunderbolt 3, and optional HP DreamColor UHD or FHD touch displays. The ZBook 17 also features NVIDIA graphics support up to M5000M Quadro with an 8GB frame buffer.
All of the new ZBook workstations are designed to pass the MIL-STD 810G testing. The new mobile workstations also come with HP Remote Graphics Software for remote collaboration, HP Performance Advisor for optimal performance, and HP Velocity for more reliable and fast network performance. And HP is offering a new dock, the ZBook Dock with Thunderbolt 3, that enables users to connect up to 10 devices at once.
Availability and pricing
The HP ZBook Studio is expected to be available in December starting at $1699.
HP ZBook 15u is expected to be available in January 2016 starting at $1099.
HP ZBook 15 and ZBook 17 are expected to be available in January 2016, though the pricing has yet to be revealed.
HP ZBook Dock with Thunderbolt 3 is expected to be available in December starting at $229.