July 3rd, 2012 by Mark Kidd
Icy Dock Announces MB080U3S-1SB Blizzard USB 3.0 & eSATA External HDD Enclosure
Icy Dock’s new MB080U3S-1SB Blizzard 3.5” drive enclosure is engineered for maximum cooling. The Blizzard integrates an 80mm fan to cool all sides of the hard drive and create consistent airflow from the front to the back of the enclosure.
The fan is integrated into the front panel which allows to swap drives without any screws or tools. Two concealed button ejectors detach the front panel. The rear panel has a single LED brightness dial to adjust LED brightness. A built in fan controller allows you to select low, high, and auto mode, which adjusts the fan speed as needed.
- 80mm fan
- Direct airflow design cools all sides of the drive
- Completely screwless / tool-less design for any 3.5" SATA I/II/III HDD
- USB 3.0 & eSATA interface for the fastest connections anywhere
- Backward compatible with USB 2.0
- 3-Speed Adjustable Cooling Fan with auto setting
- Smart Cooling Technology actively adjusts the fan speed according to drive use
- LED with adjustable brightness control changes from blue to red when over 50° C
- Supports one SATA 6Gbit hard drive up to 3TB capacity.
The enclosure is available now with an MSRP of $79.99.
MB080U3S-1SB Product Page