August 9th, 2017 by Adam Armstrong
Imanis Data Launches Industry's Fastest Backup & Recover Software
Today Imanis Data, formerly Talena, released what it is referring to as the "fastest backup and recovery platform on the market," Imanis Data 3.0. Aside from backup and recovery, Imanis Data 3.0 also detects ransomware in order to proactively identify accidental data loss and reduce downtime to minutes and hours. The new platform works with Cassandra, Couchbase, MongoDB, and Hadoop at a granular level providing what the company claims is five to ten times faster recovery of huge data sets compared to other competitive offerings.
Founded in 2013, and headquartered in San Jose, California, Imanis Data (previously Talena) leverages machine learning in its backup and recovery software to handle massive datasets, to petabytes and beyond. Several of its customers include those on the Fortune 500 list including companies in the retail, financial services, and travel industries, among others.
Key benefits of Imanis Data 3.0 include:
- Rapid data recovery that reduces downtime: Imanis Data 3.0 can recover up to petabyte-sized data sets and beyond at a granular level 10 times faster than the next best alternative, reducing downtime to minutes and hours, as opposed to days and weeks.
- Machine learning integration for ransomware protection: Imanis Data 3.0's machine learning capabilities enable early detection of ransomware attacks and immediately notify the user about accidental data loss.
- Massive scalability: Imanis Data can scale exponentially, enabling companies to manage rapidly growing data sets for modern data platforms with ease. Imanis Data's customers have successfully backed up and recovered terabyte and petabyte-sized data sets and beyond.
- Significant cost-savings: Using Imanis Data's smart storage architecture, customers can save up to 80% on secondary storage costs.
- Broadest range of modern data platform support: Imanis Data 3.0 adds native integration with Azure Blob Storage and HDInsight; support for MongoDB, Oracle SQL database and Cassandra 3.0/DSE 5.0; and multi-tenancy support. The platform also has the ability to back up Hadoop NameNode metadata.
- Cloud-ready solution: Imanis Data 3.0 cloud-based data replication for cross-region disaster recovery support along with native support for varied cloud storage options.
Imanis Data’s next-generation product is available now.