July 17th, 2012 by Josh Linden
Infortrend Announces EonNAS Pro and 1000 Series NAS Systems
Infortrend has announced North American availability of two new product lines, the EonNAS Pro (tower) and EonNAS 1000 Series (rackmount), intended for the SMB and SOHO storage market. The EonNAS Pro and EonNAS 1000 series offer deduplication, ZFS checksum, snapshot and pool mirror features.
EonNAS 1000 and EonNAS Pro both feature RAID protection and hot-swappable drives. The ZFS file system ensures data integrity through a hierarchical checksum mechanism. Whenever a block is accessed, its checksum is calculated and compared with the stored checksum value, identifying damaged data for automatic repair. EonNAS Pro and EonNAS 1000 offer inline, block-based data deduplication.
iSCSI target support enables deployment of IP SAN, and both lines are compatible with VMware, Hyper-V, Citrix, CHAP authentication, and thin provisioning. EonNAS 1000 and EonNAS Pro support MPIO and MC/S to offer data path failover and load balancing.
A web-based UI and dashboard feature monitor system status and can generate alerts including system buzzers, email notifications and SNMP traps. Access control for folders and subfolders allows administrators to meet user access requirements, and both lines can import directory information from Windows Active Directory.
Backup, Snapshot and Replication
EonNAS Pro and EonNAS 1000 systems come with licenses for FarStone TotalRecovery Pro backup software. Both lines support Apple Time Machine. Backup to or from external disk drives is available via USB or eSATA, and “one-touch-copy” simplifies the operation with the EonNAS 1100 and EonNAS Pro 200 when an external drive is connected via USB.
EonNAS 1000 and EonNAS Pro can protect shared folders and iSCSI volumes with scheduled snapshot technology. Snapshot images are automatically removed when the number of snapshots or retention period exceeds set thresholds.
Remote replication offers scheduled data replication to another EonNAS 1000, EonNAS Pro, or third-party device via the rsync protocol. The pool mirror function supports real-time replication that keeps data in two different EonNAS 1000 or Pro systems synced at all times, ensuring that a standby system can seamlessly take over operations when the primary system goes down.
The EonNAS 1000 and EonNAS Pro series are now available in North America.
EonNAS 1000 Series
- EonNAS 1100: 4 Internal Drives, maximum internal capacity of 12TB
- EonNAS 1310: 8 Internal Drives, maximum internal capacity of 24TB
- EonNAS 1510: 12 Internal Drives, maximum internal capacity of 36TB
- EonNAS 1510-1: 12 Internal Drives, maximum internal capacity of 36TB
- EonNAS 1510-2: 12 Internal Drives, maximum internal capacity of 36TB
EonNAS Pro Series
- EonNAS Pro 200: 2 Internal Drives, maximum internal capacity of 6TB,
- EonNAS Pro 500: 5 Internal Drives, maximum internal capacity of 15TB
- EonNAS Pro 800: 8 Internal Drives, maximum internal capacity of 24 TB
- EonNAS Pro 850: 8 Internal Drives, maximum internal capacity of 24 TB
- EonNAS Pro 850-1: 8 Internal Drives, maximum internal capacity of 24 TB
- EonNAS Pro 850-2: 8 Internal Drives, maximum internal capacity of 24 TB