June 4th, 2014 by Adam Armstrong
Kingston HyperX FURY SSD Announced
Today at COMPUTEX TAIPEI, HyperX, a division of Kingston, announced the addition of the FURY SSD to its HyperX FURY family. The FURY SSD is a 2.5" form factor SSD with SATA (6GB/s) interface, comes in either 120GB or 240GB capacities, and has a 3-year warranty with free technical support. The FURY SSD features locked synchronous NAND and is powered by the LSI SandForce SF-2281 controller. With read/write speeds both at 500MB/s, the FURY SSD is perfect for gamers or enthusiasts that want faster load times, boot times, and file execution on a budget.
HyperX FURY SSD specifications:
- Form factor: 2.5"
- Interface: SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s) with backwards compatibility to SATA Rev. 2.0
- Capacities: 120GB, 240GB
- Power Consumption: 0.31 W Idle / 0.35 W Avg. / 1.65 W (MAX) Read / 2.76 W (MAX) Write
- Storage temperature: -40°C ~ 85°C
- Operating temperature: 0°C ~ 70°C
- Dimensions: 69.8mm x 100.1mm x 7mm
- Weight: 86g
- Vibration operating: 2.17G Peak (7–800Hz)
- Vibration non-operating: 20G Peak (10–2000Hz)
- Life expectancy: 1 million hours MTBF
- Warranty/support: three-year warranty with free technical support
- Total Bytes Written (TBW)
- - 120GB: 315TB 2 DWPD
- - 240GB: 641TB 2 DWPD
Kingston also announced at COMPUTEX TAIPEI its M.2 2280 SATA SSD. The M.2 2280 features advanced garbage collection, wear leveling, and TRIM support. The M.2 2280 has 120GB, 240GB, and 480GB capacities and comes with a 3-year warranty with free technical support.
Availability and Pricing
Kingston/HyperX have yet to set release dates or prices.