December 20th, 2013 by Lyle Smith
Kingston KC300 SSD Now TCG Opal 1.0 Compliant
Kingston Digital has announced a new version of its business-targeted SSDNow KC300, giving corporations and organizations the ability to manage the drive themselves. The updated Kingston KC300 SSD is customizable and fully compliant with the Opal specification of the Trusted Computing Group (TCG).
TCG Opal 1.0 compliancy is ideal for companies that are (or will be in the future) implementing centralized management software to manage security policies, password recovery, compliance logging, automatic updates and user creation/deletion. The self-encrypting drive provides organizations with strong, easy-to-use high performance built-in security. The custom KC300 SSD is specifically designed to work with popular enterprise management applications such as WinMagic SecureDoc, Wave Embassy and McAfee Endpoint Encryption for PC (EEPC), giving companies the flexibility and peace of mind to keep work data secure.
Kingston SSDNow KC300 Features & Specifications:
- Form factor: 2.5” drive available in 7.0mm with adapter to fit in 9.5mm systems
- Advanced Power Management extends notebook battery life during typical computing session
- Data Integrity Protection featuring DuraClass technology
- DuraWrite intelligent compression engine extends the life of the SSD
- RAISE reduces the number of uncorrectable errors on the drive
- Warranty: Three-year warranty, free technical support
- Interface: SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s) – with backwards compatibility to SATA Rev. 2.0
- Capacities: 60GB, 120GB, 240GB
- Controller: SandForce-SF2281
- Maximum Random 4k Read/Write3:
- 60GB: 84,000/ 64,000 IOPS
- 120GB: 84,000/ 64,000 IOPS
- 240GB: 84,000/ 52,000 IOPS
- Sequential Reads2: SATA Rev. 3.0 525MB/s
- Sequential Writes2: SATA Rev. 3.0 500MB/s
The Kingston KC300 with TCG Opal is now available in capacities of 60GB, 120GB and 240GB. Enterprise customers looking to purchase the custom TCG Opal 1.0 compliant KC300 SSD must contact their local Kingston sales representative.
The KC300 ships with a three-year warranty as well as free technical support.