June 20th, 2017 by Adam Armstrong
Lenovo Releases The Smallest ISV-Certified Workstation
Today at its TRANSFORM commercial summit in New York, NY, Lenovo made two announcements around its PC offerings. Lenovo announced what it refers to as the smallest Independent Software Vendor (ISV) certified workstation, the ThinkStation P320 Tiny. Levono states that the P320 Tiny can run critical applications reliably in a one liter form factor. The company is also announcing a PC as a Service (PCaaS) offering to provide a fully-managed, fixed monthly cost subscription model combining hardware and services into a single solution.
As computing demands go up, office space doesn’t follow suit. With less space available, workstation need to shrink down in size while remaining powerful. Aside from having a tiny form factor, the P320 Tiny is easy to setup and is compatible with Lenovo’s ThinkCentre Tiny accessories. The P320 Tiny can be used to develop the latest innovative products, design a state-of-the-art skyscraper, or educate future entrepreneurs.
ThinkStation P320 Tiny specifications:
- CPU: Up to 7th Gen Intel Core i7
- Chipset: Q270
- Memory: Up to 32GB DDR4 2,400MHz SoDIMM
- Up to 2TB
- M.2 NVMe up to 1TB
- OS: Windows 10/Windows 7/Linux
- Intel Integrated Graphics
- NVIDIA Quadro P600
- 135W Power Supply
- 2x USB 3.0
- 4x Mini-DisplayPort
- 2x DisplayPort Security lock
- Wi-Fi antenna Ethernet
- 4x USB 3.0
- Width: 1.4in (35mm)
- Depth: 7.1in (179mm)
- Height: 7.2in (183mm)
- Weight: 2.9 lbs.
Along with space savings, another big change has been the adaption of more agile IT, Choose Your Own Device, and multi-device use in both home and work. To this end, Lenovo is launching its PC as a Service (PCaaS). Lenovo states that its PCaaS will simplify the financing, deployment, management and disposal process of computing assets by packaging it into a single, configurable solution with a fixed monthly cost. The PCaaS from Lenovo allows companies to select tablets, laptops, desktops, workstations or software and services giving them enough flexibility to meet most needs.
Benefits and features include:
- Custom image, configure BIOS and load management tools
- Monitoring, remote management, multi-vendor, patches and onsite options
- Web monitoring, email monitoring, managed anti- virus and Office 365
- Install new machine, migrate data and remove old machine
- Removal of old assets and secure data erase
- Single end-user phone line, Technical Account Manager, multi-vendor and onsite fix
- Lenovo offers a certain degree of flexibility over the contract term
Availability and Pricing
The Lenovo ThinkStation P320 Tiny is available now at $849.