May 18th, 2015 by Adam Armstrong
Maxta Announces New Hyper-Converged Management
Today Maxta announced its aim to simplify hyper-converged management across virtualization technologies with MxInsight and MxCloudConnect. These new offerings combined with Maxta’s enterprise-class data services, will, as Maxta claims, “close the storage management gap eliminating the need for complex and costly storage arrays.” Maxta is also announcing support for the latest OpenStack release, Kilo.
MxInsight includes historical reporting, enhanced policy management, and comprehensive storage quality of service management for all Maxta MxSP and MaxDeploy solutions. MxCloudConnect is a cloud based call-home capability, that provides support notifications, delivers proactive maintenance, while automating and simplifying both IT and storage management.
MxInsight main features and capabilities include:
- Granular and enhanced insight into performance and capacity utilization of Maxta resources in real time as well as historical reporting. This capability provides easy and simple performance and capacity planning for data centers leveraging Maxta.
- VM-level policies and storage QoS enabling customers to set policies such as replication factors, data rebuild priority, and compute/storage affinity at the VM-level, delivering simple and efficient IT management.
- Localization: Maxta now provides full support for all major languages, demonstrating our commitment to an expanding global community of users and installations worldwide.
MxCloudConnect feature include:
- Proactive support: delivering committed SLAs to customers
- Centralized data analytics
- Cloud portal
- Reliable and secure communication between customer site and Maxta cloud
Maxta announced last year their solutions that enable hyper-convergence for OpenStack. Today they are also announced their support for Kilo and they have developed drivers for Nova and Cinder. This new support provides greater scalability and a full suite of enterprise-class data and high availability services.