September 25th, 2012 by Lyle Smith
NetApp Storage System Plug-In Earns Oracle Validated Integration
NetApp has announced that it has attained Oracle Validated Integration of the NetApp Storage System Plug-In version 1.0 using Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c. This extends the application-to-disk coverage of Oracle Enterprise Manager environments that include managed NetApp storage. Used in enterprise cloud environments, the NetApp Storage System Plug-In boasts comprehensive availability, performance, and configuration information for NetApp storage controllers and is part of the NetApp solution for Oracle Databases.
It is compulsory that Oracle partners meet a strict set of requirements based on the needs and priorities of the customers in order to achieve Oracle Validated Integration. This can significantly reduce the cost and complexity of managing NetApp and Oracle-based applications and application administrators can now consolidate monitoring information using the Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c console as well as perform a detailed root cause analysis. Additionally, storage administrators can perform proactive monitoring of NetApp systems and assess the impact of storage performance problems on end-user services.
Key Features of the NetApp Storage Plug-In Deploying the plug-in in an Oracle Enterprise Manager environment provide the following for NetApp storage controllers:
- Comprehensive availability and performance monitoring
- Detailed information about NetApp storage capacity, volumes, Snapshot copies, and more
- Graphical information about CIFS and NFS protocols, network load, CPU statistics, and more
- Configuration inventory and drift tracking for NetApp storage products, licenses, and disks
- Consolidated information about NetApp storage and Oracle Database in the form of a database-to-NetApp-storage topology mapping report
- Comparison of configuration management information and generation of differential data reports