July 14th, 2014 by Lyle Smith
NETGEAR ReadyRECOVER Backup Solution Launched
NETGEAR has announced the immediate availability of the ReadyRECOVER backup appliance, the newest addition to their ReadyDATA unified storage (NAS/SAN) platform and designed to run exclusively with the ReadyDATA line of storage appliances. ReadyRECOVER allows small and medium-sized businesses to create full backups of servers, desktops and laptops every 15 minutes, which can be independently used to quickly and reliably restore files, folders, databases or systems to any platform: physical or virtual.
ReadyRECOVER's integration of the ReadyDATA storage appliance with ShadowProtect backup and disaster recovery software from StorageCraft results in each incremental snapshot functioning as a full recovery point, all the while consuming a negligible amount of storage space. Each snapshot also captures the entire system and the Microsoft Windows OS, as well as all settings and data for a rapid full system recovery.
With ReadyRECOVER, users can create synthetic full backups in a VHDX format, allowing for a quick recovery into a virtual or physical machine. Additionally, ReadyRECOVER backups do not require file conversion for both server-to-NAS backups and PC-to-NAS backups, and can independently be used to quickly and reliably restore files, folders, databases or Windows-based systems to any platform.
ReadyRECOVER features include:
- Protection for Windows servers, Virtual Machines (e.g., Citrix, Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware, etc.), and PCs, both onsite and offsite
- Simple setup and management
- No incremental restores
- Hardware-independent restoration to any hardware or virtualization platform
- Zero-delay, WAN-optimized replication
- Hardware compression and per-job deduplication for storage efficiency without performance overhead
- An industry-leading five-year warranty for ReadyDATA, the hardware platform for ReadyRECOVER
Pricing and Availability
NETGEAR ReadyRECOVER is now available. ReadyRECOVER is licensed per machine, with protection for virtual servers starting at $369.99, physical servers starting at $979, and PC protection for $94.99. All licenses come with a 5-year Limited Hardware Warranty, 24x7 Lifetime Technical Support, and 5-Year Next Business Day part replacement.