January 15th, 2018 by Adam Armstrong
News Bits: Twistlock, Kingston, Cisco, Virtual Instruments, SoftNAS, Veeam, & Code42
This week’s News Bits we look at a number of small announcements, small in terms of the content, not the impact they have. Twistlock launches version 2.3. Kingston launches 7-in-1 USB-C hub. Cisco and Hyundai reduce time to market of the connected car. Virtual Instruments reports record revenue and customer growth. SoftNAS announces Cloud Essentials version 3.7 for Veeam. And Code42 announced enhancements to its Data Security solution.
Twistlock Launches Version 2.3
Twistlock announced the latest version of its flagship container and cloud native cybersecurity solution, Twist lock version 2.3. The latest version comes with:
- Severless Security
- Enterprise grade CNAF
- Built-in compliance templates
- Enhanced app aware system call defense
- Vulnerability Explorer
- Per layer vulnerability analysis
Kingston Launches 7-in-1 USB-C Hub
At CES 2017, Kingston released Nucleum, a 7-in-1 USB-C hub ideal for current generation MacBooks. Features include:
- More pixels with an added 4K HDMI output
- Power pass through
- SD and microSD slots for offloaing and editing on the go
- Made to match: Nucleum is designed to complement the new MacBook
- Multiport adapter: USB-C (power input), USB-C (data), 2x USB-A, HDMI, SD, microSD
- Product Dimensions (without cable): 127 x 45 x 14.2mm (5 x 1.77 x .56 in)
- Product Dimensions (with cable): 276.4 x 45 x 14.2 (10.88 x 1.77 x .56 in)
- Weight: 92.4g (3.2 oz.)
Cisco & Hyundai Reduce Time To Market Of The Connected Car
As Hyundai is jumping on the autonomous car bandwagon, it is partnering with Cisco to accelerate the process. The two companies are working on a platform for the hyperconnected car that will begin production in 2019. The platform is said to be able to better drive innovation inside the car while being highly connected, configurable, and secure.
Virtual Instruments Reports Record Revenue & Customer Growth
Virtual Instruments is reporting its best year to date in 2017. The company is reporting a 173% growth in new customers along with record revenue. 2017 saw updates to both its VirtualWisdom, a monitoring and analytics program, and Load DynamiX test development environment. The company also launched a strategic partnership with Cisco.
SoftNAS Announces Cloud Essentials Version 3.7 For Veeam
SoftNAS announced that its SoftNAS Cloud Essentials version 3.7, optimized for Veeam Availability Suite will be available this month. The company was also able to achieve Veeam Ready Archive status that means it is able to verify performance for full and synthetic full cloud-backup jobs using SoftNAS Cloud Essentials. Now SoftNAS customers will be able to leverage Veeam to create an always-on enterprise NAS that achieves near block storage performance using object storage.
Code42 Announced Enhancements To Its Data Security Solution
With all of the security breaches that make the news, Code42 has enhanced its data security solution. Code42 has added several new capabilities including:
- Security Center – Helps detect and mitigate insider threat incidents and data exfiltration events by setting data movement thresholds, tracking file activity patterns and sending alerts to IT or security administrators when data transfers to cloud storage or removable media exceed typical limits;
- External Key Store – Enables IT administrators to increase data security by storing encryption keys in the cloud and separate from data storage;
- Identity Management – Gives IT administrators the added flexibility to choose from a variety of identity management applications, including an integration with Okta, for multi-factor authentication in the cloud. Okta is a leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise;
- Access Lock – Enables IT administrators to immediately lock down laptops and desktops to prevent data from being accessed when a device is lost or stolen; and
- Legal Hold – Integrates Zapproved eDiscovery software so IT and legal departments can streamline the collection and preservation of data for eDiscovery.