April 7th, 2014 by Lyle Smith
Nexenta's NexentaStor 4.0 Now Generally Available
Nexenta has announced that NexentaStor 4.0 is now generally available, worldwide, at their product website. The latest version of NexentaStor provides users with significant improvements to performance, reliability and functionality of the SDS solution. Like the previous version, NexentaStor will be available in two editions: A Community Edition (a free, full-featured, community supported software for configurations up to 18TB), and an Enterprise Edition (licensed by the size of the storage pool). Additionally, NexentaStor 4.0 is Citrix and VMware Ready and certified to run on a variety of reference hardware configurations from strategic technology and channel partners.
Nexenta also delivers its software with SMARTS, meaning higher levels of Security, Manageability, Availability, Reliability, lower TCO, and Scalability.
NexentaStor 4.0 also features:
- Scaling to petabyte system capacities
- Seamless handling of intermittently faulty devices
- Guided wizards for system setup and configuration
- Over 50% reduction in HA failover times
- 4X faster performance
- 512GB dynamic read cache per head
- Native SMB 2.1 support in addition to NFS, FC and iSCSI
- Redesigned periodic asynchronous replication
- llumos kernel integration
- Deeper VMware, Windows, and OpenStack integrations
For more information, please see read the previous press release.