May 19th, 2014 by Lyle Smith
NexentaConnect View Edition Version 2.3 Announced
Nexenta has announced the general availability of NexentaConnect View Edition version 2.3 during Cisco's annual IT and communications conference. This announcement follows the debut of NexentaConnect for XenDesktop, and with it, this product portfolio will now give customers VMware and Citrix end-to-end VDI storage solutions.
The NexentaConnect View Edition (NV4V) completes an integrated architecture that uses Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) for a converged storage and compute platform. In addition, NexentaConnect simplifies and accelerates the deployment, management, and performance of storage in a virtual desktop infrastructure, all at a much lower cost.
Enhancements in version 2.3 of NexentaConnect View include:
- Enhanced Compression: the addition of LZ4 compression drives the greatest storage density possible with little to no processor overhead.
- Global VSA: the ability to deploy multiple desktop pools across a single Virtual Storage Appliance per virtualization host, minimizing resources while providing greater desktop density without sacrificing performance.
- Enhanced Replication: improved and faster replication of desktop pools when using remote high availability functionality to protect desktop machines and pools.
- Additional View Parameters: updated deployment wizard matching the Horizon View deployment wizard, providing a seamless transition for existing View users.
- Rethering: automatically migrate virtual desktops to the hosts storing their data, , resulting in increased performance.
Nexenta will be at Cisco Live 2014 this week demonstrating its SDS solutions.
For more information, visit the Nexenta and Cisco website.