May 24th, 2016 by Adam Armstrong
Nutanix Takes Aim At SMB With $25,000 Xpress
Today Nutanix announced that it was brining its enterprise cloud platform to small and medium businesses (SMBs) at an affordable price with its new Nutanix Xpress. Nutanix states that its new Xpress is simple enough for a single IT professional will be able to install and manage it. Nutanix goes on to state that IT’s time will be freed up allowing them to focus on initiatives that directly impact the top line.
Large enterprise can reshape their data center infrastructure in order to address the common challenges such as backing up for DR, upgrading servers to support the latest applications, and adding capacity or upgrading equipment that is no longer supported. SMBs don’t have this same luxury due to budget and training limitations. In order to stay competitive with larger enterprises they need solutions that address these issues in a simple and affordable manner. This is the need the Xpress aims to fill.
- All-in-one solution - A complete hyperconverged offering that natively integrates server, storage and virtualization and radically simplifies the infrastructure stack in a single, space-saving platform that can power 5 to 500 virtual machines (VMs) with proven performance and reliability so IT generalists who wear multiple hats can easily support all infrastructure needs
- Plug and Play - All software factory pre-installed and ready to run nearly any virtualized application for small and medium businesses in less than 60 minutes
- Built-in virtualization: Built-in Nutanix AHV hypervisor and powerful VM management eliminates expensive virtualization licensing costs - no additional software components to install and manage
- Future-proof: Easy data backup to public cloud services, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure, to deliver a practical cloud strategy
- Three year support: Support from Nutanix technical teams and the Nutanix NEXT community of IT experts
Availability and pricing
Nutanix Xpress is expected to be generally available in July 2016. Pricing will be as low as $25,000.