May 1st, 2012 by Brian Beeler
OCZ Q4 2012 - Agility 4, Intrepid 3, Two New Platforms Coming Soon
OCZ has reported their most recent quarter which ended February 29th. Revenue for the quarter was a record $110.4 million, up from $103.1 million in the prior quarter and $64.6 million from the same quarter last year. Of the quarter's $110 million in revenues, SSD sales drove $103.2 million. During the call Ryan Petersen announced new products including the mainstream client Agility 4 SSD and the enterprise targeted Intrepid 3, and plans to release two new controller platforms this year, expanding on the likes of Everest, Everest 2 and Kilimanjaro.
The launch of new products is a major driver of OCZ's growth and the launch of the new platforms should occur near mid-year. The Agility 4 and Intrepid 3 are slated to launch "in the coming weeks." Vertex 4 adoption has been very good and continues to eat away from the SandForce-based Vertex 3 line.
Other Quarter Highlights
- Data from industry analysts has indicated that OCZ is the largest independent SSD provider
- OCZ confirmed that the controllers used in their Everest 2 platform (Vertex 4) are proprietary to the company
- OCZ continues to scale up their direct NAND buys from Micron, Toshiba and Hynix
- OCZ announced several major PCIe wins including: a leading social media site, a global SaaS company, world's second largest telco, the leading online auction site and many others
- 1xnm NAND and TLC NAND support will be offered upon NAND availability