February 3rd, 2016 by Adam Armstrong
OCZ Releases Its New Trion 150 SSD Line
At CES this year, OCZ (a wholly-owned subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation) showcased several of its next-generation SSDs including the Trion 150. OCZ is now releasing the new Trion 150 line in what it dubbed as the “ultimate hard drive upgrade” for mainstream notebooks and desktops. The new SSD line uses Toshiba’s 15nm Triple-Level Cell (TLC) NAND flash technology and will serve as a replacement for the Trion 100.
As stated above, the Trion 150 is aimed at consumers looking for an easy and affordable hard drive upgrade. Users could potentially see a large uptick in performance with OCZ claiming up to 550MB/s, sequential write speeds up to 530MB/s and random write I/O performance up to 91,000 IOPS. This performance could yield improved boot time, system responsiveness and optimize storage operations. Users are also given a choice of capacity from 120GB, 240GB, 480GB, and 960GB, meaning they can keep capacity high while increasing performance.
The Trion 150 also comes with endurance claims of 240TB TBW and a three year warranty.
Trion 150 Specifications:
- Capacity: 120GB, 240GB, 480GB, 960GB
- NAND: Toshiba A15nm Triple-Level Cell (TLC)
- Interface: Serial ATA (SATA) 6Gb/s (SATA III)
- Form factor: 2.5-inch, 7mm height
- Dimension (L x W x H): 100.00 x 69.85 x 7.00 mm
- Weight: 48g
- 120GB | 240GB | 480GB | 960GB
- Max Read: 550 MB/s | 550 MB/s | 550 MB/s | 550 MB/s
- Max Write: 450 MB/s | 520 MB/s | 530 MB/s | 530 MB/s
- Max Random Read (4KB, QD32): 79,000 IOPS | 90,000 IOPS | 90,000 IOPS | 90,000 IOPS
- Max Random Write (4KB, QD32): 25,000 IOPS | 43,000 IOPS | 54,000 IOPS | 64,000 IOPS
- Steady-State Random Write (4KB, QD32); 2,200 IOPS | 3,200 IOPS | 3,200 IOPS | 3,600 IOPS
- TBW: 30TB | 60TB | 120TB | 240TB
- Daily Usage Guidelines: 27GB/day | 55GB/day | 110GB/day | 219GB/day
- MTBF: 1.5 million hours
Availability and pricing
The OCZ Trion 150 SSD line is available now and starts as low as $46 for the 120GB model.
Update: Our review of the OCZ Trion 150