June 25th, 2015 by Lyle Smith
PROMISE VTrak J5000 JBOD Expansion Units Now Available
PROMISE Technology has announced that its VTrak J5000 JBOD expansion units for cloud and enterprise data centers are now globally available, including the J5300s, J5320s, J5600s, and J5800s. Quoted to deliver double the bandwidth and throughput, the VTrak J5000 Series 12 Gb/s SAS subsystems deliver a SAS solution with enterprise level reliability and functionality while leveraging high-performance HDDs and SSDs. Previously, Promise announced their VSky A-Series software-defined Storage appliances, which is able to connect to Promise’s Vess and VTrak storage systems in order to create a unified storage pool.
The VTrak J5000 Series allow administrators to optimize their data center with their SAS bus speed of 12Gb/s for HDDs or SSDs while fully backward compatible with 6Gb/s SAS/SATA drives. Promise indicates that enterprises running bandwidth intensive applications that require fast transfer speeds will benefit from these 12Gb/s speeds, as they will be able to sustain the high throughput demanded of today's drives. The VTrak J5000 Series also offers a variety of advanced features for easy management, simplified deployment and advanced diagnostics and reporting tools, all of which are designed to meet the requirements of enterprise level customers.
The VTrak J5000 Series are available in 4U/24, 3U/16, 2U/12 and 2U/24 bay enclosures. Of these form factors, the new 2U/12 bay model is specifically designed for customers who need a lower HDD count while the new high-density 2U/24 bay enclosure (which supports both 2.5" HDDs and SSDs) is ideal for customers looking for a smaller footprint. In addition, the VTrak J5000 Series is supports Promise’s VTrak RAID subsystems with the ability to cascade up to 9 SAS JBOD enclosures for massive storage capacity.
- Form Factors: 2U/12 Bay (J5300s), 2U/24 Bay (J5320s), 3U/16 Bay (J5600s), 4U/24 Bay (J5800s)
- Drive Support
- 3/6/12 Gb/s SAS, 3/6 Gb/s SATA HDD and SSD
- Supports any mix of SAS and SATA drives simultaneously in the same enclosure
- External I/O Ports (per controller)
- Each SBB 2.0 I/O module has four SAS ports using industrial standard Mini SAS HD connectors (SFF-8644), one port supports Wake-on SAS feature for upstream and other ports can be either upstream or downstream for cascading additional JBODs.
- NVRAM, Extensive Service Report File, VPD (Vital Product Data) on Chassis and FRUs
- Voltage: 100-240 Vac Auto-Ranging
- Current (Maximum): 9A @ 100 Vac; 4A @ 240 Vac
- Power Conversion Efficiency: >80% @ 110V (>20% load), >80% @ 240V (>20% load) Temperature Range
- Temperature, Operational: 5° to 40°C, Non-Operational: -40° to 60°C
- Humidity, Operational: 10% to 90% (Non-Condensing), Non-Operational: 5% to 95% (Non-Condensing)
- Acoustic Noise Levels: 55 dB (Typical), 65 dB (Maximum)
- Shock, Operational: 5G, 11ms duration, Non-Operational: 10G, 11ms duration
- Vibration, Operational: 0.3G, 5 to 500 Hz, Non-Operational: 1G, 5 to 500 Hz
The VTrak J5000 Series are now available via the global network of PROMISE distributors and resellers.