October 16th, 2014 by Adam Armstrong
QLogic and Brocade Collaborate to Advance Fibre Channel SAN Fabric Connectivity
QLogic Corp. has announced a new set of industry-leading features for their 16Gb Gen5 Fibre Channel adapters. These new features mark the first co-development effort between QLogic and Brocade, two of the leading in Fibre Channel SAN fabrics.
As IT resources are embracing highly virtualized and cloud-based architectures the demand increases on Fibre Channel SAN fabrics. The new QLogic suite of end-to-end features enables data center managers to reduce operating expenses and total cost of ownership by accelerating deployment, increasing performance and simplifying management of Gen 5 Fibre Channel SANs featuring Brocade Fabric Vision technology and QLogic 2600 Series adapters.
QLogic’s new end-to-end enhancements include:
- Brocade Clearlink support – simplifying deployment and support for high performance fabrics while allowing administrators multiple automated diagnostic tests. These tests will save businesses time network availability by quickly addressing any physical layer issues without the need for special optical testers, by proactively verifying the integrity of critical transceivers.
- QoS - improving network performance and preventing network congestion by classifying traffic as it arrives at the switch, and then prioritizing the use of bandwidth from the fabric to the host.
- QConvergeConsole GUI, CLI and VMware vCenter plug-in – will be fully integrated with QLogic management tools when QLogic's next software release in November.
The QLogic 2600 series features include:
- 16Gbps Fibre Channel per port
- Over 1.2 million IOPS reduce latency
- High availability
- Decreased power and cooling costs
- Overlapping protection domains
- Superior port protection with unique “Port-Isolation” architecture
- Two times better than 8Gb Fibre Channel for OLTP
Brocade Fabric Vision Technology features include:
- Simplified monitoring
- Increased availability
- Reduced costs
- Monitoring and Alerting Policy Suite
- Brocade ClearLink diagnostics
- Integration into Brocade Network Advisor
- Fabric Performance Impact (FPI) Monitoring