December 26th, 2017 by Lyle Smith
QNAP QTS 4.3.4 Now Available
QNAP Systems has announced the official release of QTS 4.3.4 (previously in beta back in October), the latest release of its comprehensive NAS operating system. Version 4.3.4 focuses on the "essence of storage" to bring higher performance, multifunctional capabilities, and greater security to their NAS portfolio.
Snapshot functionality and improvements are one of the highlighted areas in this update, including a brand-new Storage & Snapshots Manager that features storage management and snapshot protection through a more comprehensive and intuitive UI design. Moreover, volume and LUN types are easily identified, as all snapshot versions (as well as the time of your latest snapshots) are precisely recorded.
Also featured are snapshots for ARM-based NAS devices. This provides block-based snapshots for a quick and easy data backup and recovery solution to protect from data loss and potential malware attacks. QNAP NAS with AnnapurnaLabs processors have the ability to support snapshots using just 1GB of RAM. In addition, the new Snapshot Shared Folder features contains just one shared folder on a single volume to help lessen the time of recovering single folders to within a few seconds.
Solid-state drive support has also been optimized with the Global SSD acceleration technology. This feature shares a single SSD volume/RAID with all volumes/iSCSI LUNs for a read-only or read-write cache, which helps to balance efficiency and capacity needs. Additionally, RAID 50/60 aims to reach a balance between capacity, protection and performance for high-capacity NAS that have 10 or more drive bays.
Here is a complete list of additional updates included with QTS 4.3.4:
- File Station supports USB direct access to mobile devices: Connect mobile devices to the NAS to start storing, managing, and sharing mobile media in File Station. The content of snapshots can also be directly browsed in File Station.
- Total solution for managing digital files: OCR Converter extracts text from images; Qsync enables cross-device file sync for optimal teamwork; Qsirch facilitates full-text file search; and Qfiling automates file organization. From data storage, management, digitalization, sync, search and archiving, QNAP empowers value-added file management workflows.
- GPU-accelerated computing with PCIe graphics cards: Graphics cards help improve the image processing efficiency of QTS; users can leverage the HDMI port on the graphics card for displaying HD Station or Linux Station; GPU Passthrough strengthens the abilities of virtual machines in Virtualization Station. [ Learn more
- Hybrid Backup Sync official release: Consolidates backup, restoration and synchronization, making transferring data to local, remote and cloud storage spaces much easier.
- Qboost: A NAS optimization tool that helps monitor memory resources, free up system resources, and schedule applications to boost productivity.
- 360-degree photos and videos support: File Station, Photo Station and Video Station supports displaying 360-degree photos and videos; Qfile, Qphoto and Qvideo also support 360-degree format viewing.
- Media streaming to VLC Player: Users can install QVHelper on their computer to stream multimedia files from a QNAP NAS to VLC player.
- Cinema28 multi-zone multimedia control: Centrally manage media files on the NAS for streaming to connected devices via HDMI, USB, Bluetooth, DLNA, Apple TV, Chromecast, and more.
- IoT on a private cloud: QButton customizes the actions of buttons on the QNAP remote control ( RM-IR004) for playing music playlists, viewing a surveillance channel, or restarting/powering-off the NAS. QIoT Suite Lite provides practical IoT development modules to accelerate implementation and stores IoT data on QNAP NAS. IFTTT Agent allows for creating NAS applets to connect various internet-connected devices/services for simple-but-powerful cross-app workflows.
QTS 4.3.4 is now available for wide range of QNAP’s NAS solutions:
- 30-bay: TES-3085U
- 24-bay: SS-EC2479U-SAS-RP, TVS-EC2480U-SAS-RP, TS-EC2480U-RP
- 18-bay: SS-EC1879U-SAS-RP, TES-1885U
- 16-bay: TS-EC1679U-SAS-RP, TS-EC1679U-RP, TS-1679U-RP, TVS-EC1680U-SAS-RP, TS-EC1680U-RP, TDS-16489U, TS-1635, TS-1685, TS-1673U-RP, TS-1673U
- 15-bay: TVS-EC1580MU-SAS-RP, TVS-1582TU
- 12-bay: SS-EC1279U-SAS-RP, TS-1269U-RP, TS-1270U-RP, TS-EC1279U-SAS-RP, TS-EC1279U-RP, TS-1279U-RP, TS-1253U-RP, TS-1253U, TS-1231XU, TS-1231XU-RP, TVS-EC1280U-SAS-RP, TS-EC1280U-RP, TVS-1271U-RP, TVS-1282, TS-1263U-RP, TS-1263U, TVS-1282T2, TVS-1282T3, TS-1253BU-RP, TS-1253BU, TS-1273U, TS-1273U-RP, TS-1277
- 10-bay: TS-1079 Pro, TVS-EC1080+, TVS-EC1080, TS-EC1080 Pro
- 8-bay: TS-869L, TS-869 Pro, TS-869U-RP, TVS-870, TVS-882, TS-870, TS-870 Pro, TS-870U-RP, TS-879 Pro, TS-EC879U-RP, TS-879U-RP, TS-851, TS-853 Pro, TS-853S Pro (SS-853 Pro), TS-853U-RP, TS-853U, TVS-EC880, TS-EC880 Pro, TS-EC880U-RP, TVS-863+, TVS-863, TVS-871, TVS-871U-RP, TS-853A, TS-863U-RP, TS-863U, TVS-871T, TS-831X, TS-831XU, TS-831XU-RP, TVS-882T2, TVS-882ST2, TVS-882ST3, TVS-873, TS-853BU-RP, TS-853BU, TVS-882BRT3, TVS-882BR, TS-873U-RP, TS-873U, TS-877
- 6-bay: TS-669L, TS-669 Pro, TVS-670, TVS-682, TS-670, TS-670 Pro, TS-651, TS-653 Pro, TVS-663, TVS-671, TS-653A, TVS-673, TVS-682T2, TS-653B, TS-677
- 5-bay: TS-531P, TS-563, TS-569L, TS-569 Pro, TS-531X
- 4-bay: IS-400 Pro, TS-469L, TS-469 Pro, TS-469U-SP, TS-469U-RP, TVS-470, TS-470, TS-470 Pro, TS-470U-SP, TS-470U-RP, TS-451A, TS-451S, TS-451, TS-451U, TS-453mini, TS-453 Pro, TS-453S Pro (SS-453 Pro), TS-453U-RP, TS-453U, TVS-463, TVS-471, TVS-471U, TVS-471U-RP, TS-451+, IS-453S, TBS-453A, TS-453A, TS-463U-RP, TS-463U, TS-431, TS-431+, TS-431P, TS-431X, TS-431XU, TS-431XU-RP, TS-431XeU, TS-431U, TS-453BT3, TS-453Bmini, TVS-473, TS-453B, TS-453BU-RP, TS-453BU, TS-431X2, TS-431P2
- 2-bay: HS-251, TS-269L, TS-269 Pro, TS-251C, TS-251, TS-251A, TS-253 Pro, HS-251+, TS-251+, TS-253A, TS-231, TS-231+, TS-231P, TS-253B, TS-231P2, TS-228
- 1-bay: TS-131, TS-131P, TS-128