May 17th, 2018 by Lyle Smith
QNAP TS-1677X Ryzen NAS Series Now Available
QNAP has released the new TS-1677X series, an enterprise-class Ryzen NAS equipped with twelve 3.5-inch drive bays, four 2.5-inch drive bays, an AMD Ryzen 8-core processor (Turbo Core of up to 3.7 GHz), Qtier auto-tiering, and SSD caching. QNAP indicates that their new TS-1677X can also be used in AI-oriented big data storage use cases when equipped with a high-end graphics card and QNAP's “QuAI” AI developer package.
The QNAP TS-1677X series features a variety of different AMD Ryzen processors, including an AMD Ryzen 7 1700 (8-cores/16-threads), AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (6-cores/12-threads) and AMD Ryzen 3 1200 (4-cores/4-threads), and supports AES-NI encryption acceleration up to 64GB DDR4 RAM. Every model comes with two 10GBASE-T RJ45 ports that support 10G/5G/2.5G/1G/100M speeds as well as three PCIe slots that can be populated with a graphics card, 10GbE/40GbE NICs, USB 3.1 expansion cards, and QM2 cards.
With multi-threading capabilities, the TS-1677X can run multiple virtual machines at once, and with the support of iSER (iSCSI Over RDMA), it is also virtualization-ready for VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Hyper-V and Windows Server 2016 environments with the support of iSER (iSCSI Over RDMA). As such, QNAP claims that it can host virtual machines and containers as an “efficient all-in-one server” while supporting snapshots and virtual machine backups for all-in-one virtualization management. Moreover, the TS-1677X supports vQTS, which allows users to run multiple virtual QTS systems on a single NAS for a wide range of benefits, flexible application deployment, and power, cost, and physical space savings.
Like all QNAP NAS solutions, the TS-1677X series is powered by their QTS operating system, which provides backup/restoration, sharing and management features. It also offers a comprehensive, built-in App Center that consists of hundreds of install-on-demand apps to extend NAS functionality. This includes: the QRM+ centralized management solution features graphic topology diagrams for managing Windows, Linux, and IPMI devices; Q’center consolidates the management of multiple QNAP NAS; QVPN integrates settings of VPN server and VPN clients; QVR Pro provides a professional video surveillance solution (8 free channels; expandable to 128 channels); QIoT Suite Lite builds a private IoT cloud platform; and much more.
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700 8 cores 16 threads 3.0 GHz processor (Turbo Core 3.7 GHz), 64 GB RAM
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700 8 cores 16 threads 3.0 GHz processor (Turbo Core 3.7 GHz), 16 GB RAM
- AMD Ryzen 5 1600 6 cores 12 threads 3.2 GHz processor (Turbo Core 3.6 GHz), 8 GB RAM
- AMD Ryzen 3 1200 4 cores 4 threads 3.1 GHz processor (Turbo Core 3.4 GHz), 4 GB RAM
- 16-bay tower NAS; up to 64GB DDR4 RAM (4x 16 GB DDR4 UDIMM RAM); hot-swappable 2.5"/3.5" SATA 6Gbps hard drives or SSDs; 3x PCle slots (1x PCIe 3.0 x8, 1x PCIe 3.0 x4, 1x PCIe 2.0 x4); 2x 10GBASE-T RJ45 LAN ports, 4x Gigabit LAN ports; 8x USB 3.0 ports; 2x 3.5 mm dynamic microphone jacks; 1x 3.5mm line-out jack, 1x built-in speaker; Infrared receiver; 550 watt power supply
The TS-1677X NAS is available now for purchase.